Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-07-2009, 05:14 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Young and looking for new skills

I recently fell in love with photography.

A few years ago for Christmas I received a K110 with a 18-55mm kit lens. Not the best set-up but I'm learning none the less.

Earlier this year I bought a Tamron 70-300mm to give me some zoom.

I'm looking for a community that shares one of my passions in life (my others being Aviation and my Fiance) and has no problem helping a rookie like me learn some photo skills along with editing techniques.

08-07-2009, 06:11 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll have no problems in getting the help you need here. Any questions you have just post them in the Pentax Beginners Forum.
08-07-2009, 06:53 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A warm welcome to the friendliest forum on the planet. You'll find everything you need here - just ask away. And you have a very fine camera that will teach you a great deal about photography. Get some good secondhand lenses, read the manual and really get to know your equipment. You'll be amazed at the quality you'll get out of it.
08-07-2009, 08:25 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jqjones Quote
I recently fell in love with photography.

A few years ago for Christmas I received a K110 with a 18-55mm kit lens. Not the best set-up but I'm learning none the less.

Earlier this year I bought a Tamron 70-300mm to give me some zoom.

I'm looking for a community that shares one of my passions in life (my others being Aviation and my Fiance) and has no problem helping a rookie like me learn some photo skills along with editing techniques.
Welcome to PF - I share your passion for photography, and aviation (though flying's kinda "just a job" sometimes lately - I do have fun flying from time to time), and don't worry, I haven't met your fiance, so i don't share your passion for her ... This is the place to be for Pentax knowledge, and for a web forum, it's about the friendliest around (just be sure to ask your questions in the right forum ).

BTW, I am still technically a flight instructor, so feel free to Private Message me with aviation questions too (especially, general rules or helicopter specific stuff - don't ask me about P-Factor or anything else about airplane aerodynamics ).

08-08-2009, 01:36 AM   #5
Damn Brit

Welcome to the forum,your comment about sharing passion is a good one and I'm happy to share that with you when it comes to photography,
I reserve judgement on the other two.
08-09-2009, 07:19 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes, you'll probably find me posting photos asking for advice on what I could have done better.

Best way to learn is to keep taking pictures right?
08-10-2009, 05:28 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jqjones Quote
Best way to learn is to keep taking pictures right?
Right!
Practice makes perfect.
Welcome to the site and all the best with your improving photography...you've come to the right place to learn.

08-11-2009, 02:46 AM   #8
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum, I just wish I was young again and had some skill.
08-11-2009, 03:29 AM   #9
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome here - no shortage of those sharing the same passion for photography...
Keep learning and shooting!