Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2007, 07:18 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Hello from the Badger State!

I just recently got my first dSLR, a pentax k100D along with the 18-55 kit lens and the 50-200. I also got the 360 flash unit which I haven't tried out yet. I am a complete newbie and am still trying to grasp all these new concepts coming from a ps mentality but I will work as long as I have to. I am kind of the family photographer. Two nieces and another on the way. I have 2 cats that I also love to take pics of. I was looking for a new camera for sports photography and to escape the dreaded Sony shutter lag and ended up here. Thanks in advance for the wisdom I am sure you will all share, it really is appreciated.
steph

05-14-2007, 09:53 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum Steph, I already saw the picture you posted of your cat and loved it! You'll find a lot of friendly, helpful people here, so ask lots of questions and post lots of pictures!

Carol
05-14-2007, 01:09 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome as it's nice to see someone that isn't a million miles away joining our fair forum lol. Well can't wait to see some of the Badger state as all I have is Illinois and it's not all that interesting to me much anymore lol. If you're ever in the area let's meet up and take some photos.
05-14-2007, 05:17 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks!

I can't wait to really get going with this camera! I have two adorable nieces that I usually take pics of, so that is what you may see a lot of. Madi just got her first digital camera for x-mas(she's 8) so we went to the arboretum a couple of weeks ago so she could try it out. My brother made me get her a Disney camera even though I could have gotten her a decent little ps for the same price. Oh well I will get her hooked and she can have my old Sony. Anyway nice to meet you both.
steph