Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-08-2009, 04:08 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
hello hello!

Hey guys, I've made a few posts already, but decided I like it here enough to introduce myself!

My names Luke, and I hail from the great white north... which is actually pretty green right now. Edmonton Alberta is actually where I reside. So I get some pretty awesome photo opportunities ranging from the icy winters to the bright green of summer to the warm romantics of autumn.

I am involved in many hobbies other than photography, and I'm actually pretty dedicated to all of them... which makes my wallet a lot thinner than my wife would like.

Of course these many hobbies gives me a range of photographic opportunities. Therefore you'll see me grabbing shots of musicians (as I am one myself), to train spotting, to model trains (as I am a model railroader), and I also shoot a lot of cars... as well, I am a budding mechanic and auto-tuner.

Photography is something that has always interested me, but never really got good at it... no one to "protege me" so everything I've learned has been trial and error before I remembered about this wonderful thing called the internet! Which is strange for a 25 year old to forget about.

Anyways, my photographic evolution is as follows in terms of gear... which I'm highly addicted too:

Fuji A320 digital point and shoot
Kodak P850 digital super zoom
Pentax MX
Pentax M-50mm F1/1.7
Vivitar 50-200mm ... can't remember more than that right now
Pentax 17mm wide angle can't remember exactly... it might not even be Pentax... I lost it somewhere when I moved
Pentax K100D
Pentax DA 18-55mm
Pentax DA 50-200mm
Pentax DA 10-17mm Fisheye
Nikon S540 (could be wrong on the model... but I think thats it)
Pentax K20D
Pentax DA* 16-50mm
Lensbaby Muse
Pentax M 28mm F1/2.8

08-08-2009, 10:47 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Welcome Luke, I'm glad you are enjoying the lensbaby.
Boy what a lot of hobbies, I'm surprised you have time for a wife. She must be a saint.
I hope you continue to enjoy the forum.

Gary
08-08-2009, 11:14 PM   #3

Luke, the gear force is definitely with you. If I had all that camera stuff I don't think I would still have a wife.

j
08-10-2009, 05:42 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Hi Luke. Welcome & enjoy the forum

08-11-2009, 02:41 AM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, sounds like a busy life, photography is supposed to be relaxing.
08-13-2009, 11:00 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
ahhh thats where your on the right path!

All my hobbies are relaxing!

Playing guitar puts me into a trance sometimes and I just close off from the world and fall into my own little place in time.

Photography is just another way of expression, I slow down and just shoot. I love it. Helps me appreciate my surroundings more.

the model trains, also relaxing.... until something doesn't go right, then I pull out the cam or the guitar.

a busy life yes, but a lot of fun.