Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-08-2009, 08:07 PM   #1

Hello World of Pentax or should that be through Pentax

G'day I'm Damian from Aelaide, Australia. I've always shot through SLR's with Pentax from an ME Super II with several lenses I got of my Auntie back when I was studying Graphic Design in the 90's to my *st DS DSLR I got about 5 years ago.

A couple of days I bought the Pentax of Pentxes the K7 with the 18-55 WR lens.

I'm about to test it out on a holiday to Canberra and the Snow next week(Yes it does sometimes snow in Australia).

Anyway just introducing myself hopefully I'll contribute a bit more here

08-08-2009, 08:15 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
We also hope you will contribute a bit more, Damian, as we are always glad to see a new arrival. I'll be eager to hear your thoughts on the K-7. As an established Pentax user you are likely very familiar with the characteristics of the Pentax system you have stayed with; great primes, thoughtful designs loaded with little differences and durable products. Be honest whether it performs fabulously (as I think it will) or not (as some have experienced.

Welcome to the forums and enjoy your holiday.

Regards,
DS
08-08-2009, 10:23 PM   #3
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey Damian.
Welcome and well done on choosing the K-7 - you'll get lots of enjoyment taking photos on your holiday. You'll need to be reasonably close to the action to get the results you're after with the kit lens, but being WR it should survive the conditions!
08-08-2009, 10:37 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Looking forward to seeing some pics...after putting up with 35c heat over here in Canada!

08-10-2009, 05:45 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Hi Damian. Welcome to the forum. Hope you're having fun with the K-7...look forward to seeing some of your pics from your holiday.
08-11-2009, 02:39 AM   #6
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome, enjoy your new kit.