Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-10-2009, 01:57 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello to everyone from S.C. PA...

More precisely, Gettysburg area.

I've been lurking around here for a couple of weeks now, ever since I got my K2000 with the 18-55 and 50-200 kit lenses. I am extremely happy with my choice. For years I new it was a Pentax I wanted.

My first "real" (digital) camera (one that I could set the modes and adjust things like shutter, ISO, exposure, etc.) is a Kodak 6490. Still have it and love to use it, the pictures from that little camera are just brilliant.

My next step was a Kodak 712. This was a 5mp but had a lot more manual control ability than the previous. So I had all the gadgetry with that one... external flash, lens tube and filters, telephoto and wide angle lenses. But that camera never seemed to get the image quality I had expected. It was just recently that I finally was able to sell it though.

The next big jump was to the Panasonic FZ50. Now this was my pride and joy for about three years. Awesome performance, the closest you could get at the time without spending a grand on a DSLR. But I have now outgrown that as as well. The little things I was longing for, no shutter lag, some better higher ISO performance, etc., it just couldn't deliver... It's now on ebay as we speak.

Then, one day, I found "the deal". A really good price for a K2000 kit with the two lenses. Convinced the misses then eagerly awaited the UPS truck!

So now I'm learning, again... Just as a hobbyist, but I really enjoy taking "the good" photos and setting my pictures apart from the others P&S snapshots. Yeah I get the ribbing when I'm laying on the ground for the right perspective, or trying to get to that perfect spot where I need to contort in some weird fashion to see the viewfinder. Oh well, every time they (usually family members) see my photos, they always ask, "...why don't I get pictures like that?"

I am hoping to get a flash very soon, and have my eye out for a 28mm or 35mm prime lens to play around with.

Ok, enough rambling from me. I want to thank everyone on this board for making a wealth of information available.

I have included some shots from the weekend. This was first "real" outing with the K2000, some things I got right, others not so much.

All taken with the 18-55, except the macro, this was the 50-200 @ 200mm and the Raynox 150.

Enjoy and Thank You,
Trevor

Last edited by TrevorC; 09-10-2009 at 01:35 PM.
08-10-2009, 06:05 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forum Trevor! Looks like you are off to a great start. Keep the fun in it. That's what it's all about.
08-10-2009, 11:35 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, looks like you're enjoying your photograhy and producing some very fine shots. Well done.
08-11-2009, 02:34 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome, lurk no more, that's you in now.

08-12-2009, 01:07 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Hey Trev. Welcome to the forum & the world of dslr's. Enjoy your photography
08-12-2009, 05:51 AM   #6

Welcome to the forum - I used to live outside of Harrisburg. Love the area and Yuengling or Troegs on draft when I return every so often.
08-13-2009, 05:34 AM   #7

Welcome to the forum! I live up US 15 from you in Cumberland County. Great to have another Pentaxian in the area. You've got a good kit to start with -- the pictures from both lenses will suprise you as to how good they can be.

Maybe I'll see you sometimes when I come down to shoot pictures of the battlefields.
08-13-2009, 07:05 AM   #8
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome to the forum, lurk no more, that's you introduced to us all.