Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-15-2009, 07:27 PM   #1

Hello there!!!

Hello to everyone!!! I am pretty much new to Photography and just ordered a Pentax k 2000. I have a Nikon D60 and with all the lens choices out there I lost. From what I understand all Pentax camera's are compatible with all Pentax lens. And that is why I went with a Pentax. Please don't anyone tell me I'm wrong.

I'm really into Nature and Macro photography and wanting to lean all I can. I'm still confused about what lens that can be use that is not a Pentax. I really am interested in getting a macro lens, but don't know which one to get. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Lori A.K.A Swirl

08-15-2009, 08:14 PM   #2
Veteran Member

welcome to the forums. There is an adaptor required to use the Takumar lens with your camera but everything else can be used without adaptors.
08-15-2009, 09:54 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
welcome to the forums. There is an adaptor required to use the Takumar lens with your camera but everything else can be used without adaptors.
So does that mean that I can use any Canon or Nikon lens too? Maybe this would be easier for me if I know what lens I can't use.LOL!!! So if I can use any brand is there still limitations with any brand? I'm not trying to be slow here, but I am really trying to understand what I can and can't use before I put out any money and get stuck with something I can't use. Thank you for your reply!
08-15-2009, 09:58 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by swirl Quote
So does that mean that I can use any Canon or Nikon lens too? Maybe this would be easier for me if I know what lens I can't use.LOL!!! So if I can use any brand is there still limitations with any brand? I'm not trying to be slow here, but I am really trying to understand what I can and can't use before I put out any money and get stuck with something I can't use. Thank you for your reply!
Come on now, lets not get crazy...Sorry your Canikon lenses will have to say in the closet (or ebay)...

08-16-2009, 12:33 AM   #5
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Lori.
ANY lens you can fit onto any Pentax dSLR (via adapters) will work (with the obvious limitations).
When you get the K2000, ensure the menu setting enabling the use of non-A lenses is checked. Then you'll be using that green button to meter on non-A lenses (which includes all non-K mount lenses).
All the best in that.
08-16-2009, 01:05 AM   #6
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum.

Your not wrong, both Pentax branded and makes made for Pentax fit, with some limitations and or adaptors will work with your camera.