Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-19-2009, 08:54 AM   #1

Long time lurker, first time poster...

Hello Pentax World!

As mentioned in the subject line I've been lurking around this forum for a couple of months and I figured it might be nice to actually start posting sporadically... especially because I have learned so much just by reading older threads - Thank you everyone for sharing your wealth of information! This is actually be the first forum (ever!) that I have been a member of so that's pretty exciting on its own.

Anyways I am a university student from Vancouver, BC and I just bought my first dSLR about a month ago: K200 w/ kit lens. I decided to go with pentax because I opened my dad's old camera drawer and it had a couple of old lenses, a couple of film bodies and a couple of flashes and then I read about the backwards compatibility pentax lenses and I never looked back! (also weather sealing, in-body shake reduction, SD cards and AA batteries helped seal the deal.)

I am completely amazed by some of the photos I have seen on this forum and I hope that I can sort of work up to a place where I can do that on purpose, and not just by sheer dumb luck (and volume of pictures taken) get a few good ones. :P

So cheers from Canada, I am going to go back to work now.

Dana

P.S. this forum is deadly for those days when work doesn't seem all that interesting...

08-19-2009, 04:27 PM   #2
Veteran Member

welcome to the forum and I think the most dangerous condition that will occur from hanging out on the forums will the the odds of LBA taking hold of you.
08-19-2009, 07:03 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Vancouver eh? Welcome to the forum. Just be sure to let Dad play with your new camera, and we'll have another member Glad you joined us. Look forward to seeing some shots of your amazing city (home of the 2010 Winter Olympics)! I spent many weekends billeted by wonderfully hospitable hosts while racing sailboats against all the Victoria and Vancouver sailing clubs and universities as a youth.
08-19-2009, 10:48 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you aboard.

08-19-2009, 11:56 PM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum, lurk no more, thats you introduced.
08-20-2009, 04:18 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum, Dana. Enjoy using your new Pentax kit along with your fathers old kit. Happy shooting
08-20-2009, 01:33 PM   #7

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

@kerrowdown
Oh, I'll still lurk I imagine, I'll just post on occasion!

@gokenin
TELL. ME. ABOUT. IT.
Just saw this post on the marketplace... sigh...

I have made this informative graph to indicate my predictions for my struggle with LBA (I expect it will claim me in the end.)

Attached Images

08-22-2009, 01:44 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dananielsen Quote
Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

@kerrowdown
Oh, I'll still lurk I imagine, I'll just post on occasion!

@gokenin
TELL. ME. ABOUT. IT.
Just saw this post on the marketplace... sigh...

I have made this informative graph to indicate my predictions for my struggle with LBA (I expect it will claim me in the end.)
I have to admit the chart is very funny, I have achieved the many lens but tend to only sell a few lens. I look at me list and I currently have 27 lens after having donated 2 lens to Mel so LBA is pretty much undercontrol for me nothing really left to buy (except for the 31 but i find myself constantly telling myself i dont really need it)
08-22-2009, 01:56 PM   #9
Banned

although I don't personally consider myself to have LBA, I will likely not stop buying lenses until I am satisfied that I have every Takumar I can possibly get. or I die. which ever come first.
08-22-2009, 03:44 PM   #10
Inactive Account

Dana, nice graph you have made there.

Have fun with your K200D & welcome to the forum. This forum won't leave a bad taste in your mouth like so many other forums that can drive one to frustration at times.