Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-27-2009, 07:23 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
long time Pentax fan

I bought my first Pentax in 1967 at the PX in Qui Nhon VN, it was a SV, then picked up a 300mm f 6.3, later I bought the clip on light meter, it served me well into the 80's then it started having inconsistant shutter speed, so I traded it for a K1000 SE, because I liked the size, but shortly thereafter I bought an MX with a winder, this combo had the right size feel for my hand. This was my main camera for years, then I started dabbling in digital and went with several point and shoot cameras. I then hit on the Canon G3 Power Shot.
I became the Advertising Manager for the company I worked for and became a professional tourist, traveling the world taking pictures and coming home to play on the computer creating advertisments and literature plus job stories. My work camera was a Canon EOS Rebel. About this time I decided I needed to update my personal camera and as I own about 10 Pentax lenses, I decided I needed to go back to my first love, Pentax, I bought a K10D and have never been happier. With the down turn in the economy our corporate office decided to combine two of our companies into to one Ad department, as the other guy had more seniority I was the one to be let go, so now I do freelance photography for them and continue to produce brochures and do Photoshop. It pays well. I continue to add to my lenses and enjoy all kinds of photography.

08-27-2009, 07:56 AM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy.
08-27-2009, 02:24 PM   #3
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum - wow, cool history.
You'll find your K10D more than capable of the 'new' job you've found yourself in.
Well done.
All the best in it.