Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-04-2009, 04:54 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
hello from the Philippines

just joined the group because of a need to look for lenses and more items for Pentax. Pentax camera is supposed to be made here but the irony of it we have little accessories here.

09-04-2009, 05:21 AM   #2

Hi and welcome! Yeah, the Pentax plant is there in Cebu and yet I doubt it if you'll find that many camera shops there, harder still to find one carrying the Pentax brand. If you manage to go to Manila, try shops in Hidalgo St., Quiapo. You'll be amazed with how much second hand items you can find there. And very cheap! I managed to get a K 50mm f1.2 for 6000 pesos ($120) when I last visited. Just don't buy them all and leave some for me when I come to visit again.
09-04-2009, 05:21 AM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome here. Most lenses are assembled in Vietnam - then exported, no doubt.
Not sure what the SEAsia market's like, but you'd probably not find Pentax available much more readily elsewhere... fact of life.
09-04-2009, 10:35 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum, great reference areas here, also a market place to check out, enjoy.

09-07-2009, 10:31 PM   #5

Hello everyone! I'm from The Philippines too! For lenses I think the best source is Camerahaus and Sanly. For manual and old Pentax lenses the best place would be Hidalgo in Quiapo. Or, you can always visit our fellow pipen's posts in the buy and sell section at Pinoy Pentaxian for bargains. Good luck!
01-28-2010, 11:22 PM   #6

Hello everyone,

Started out with a film Miranda D (remember those) then to the Oly OM system till they abandoned the line .

Went digital with an Oly C4000 then a Panny Lumix FZ16. Just recently moved over to digital SLRs with a Pentax K-x.

Hoping to learn the subtleties of digital here.

sb
01-29-2010, 12:16 AM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by kulapu Quote
Hello everyone! I'm from The Philippines too! For lenses I think the best source is Camerahaus and Sanly. For manual and old Pentax lenses the best place would be Hidalgo in Quiapo. Or, you can always visit our fellow pipen's posts in the buy and sell section at Pinoy Pentaxian for bargains. Good luck!
When I was there last year, Camerahaus had some lenses, the shops on Hidalgo didn't have many. There are a few members on here in Manila, they will chime in here.

01-29-2010, 04:40 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi welcome to this forum,
I hope you will enjoy it!

In case you want to show us your photos from this or last week (just normal stuff, it doesn't have to be fancy), you are always welcome to contribute to the picture of the week!
Or if you are up to the weekly challenge #124 - Melancholy, you are more than welcome to post a picture!

Have fun shooting!