Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-12-2006, 01:03 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi Everybody

Hi

I'm Sripathy from Bangalore, India. Call me Pathy.

I jumped into the SLR world over 6 years ago with a Pentax ZX 50 borrowed from by brother-in-law. Ever since, I've been doing nature photography - mostly. Thankfully I live in a semi equatorial country whose northern region lies in the temperate zone. Seeing this sub-continent through the camera's eyes is a joy.

Only recently did I add a Sigma 17-35mm lens to my kit. Darn, I should've done it long ago. I missed out on 5 years of extensive travel across India without this lens. I had recently been to Kashmir, N. India, with this lens and I throughly enjoyed my stint with it.

I mostly shoot Slides (Fuji Provia/Sensia). I want to get it right on the field itself. So, I chose slides because it's the most unforgiving of all. So far so good...

With law of economics catching up and more importantly, poor lab standards is pushing me very hard to go digital. Enter the dragon - K10D . I'm certain I'll be holding one early next year. Until then it's savings time...

I hope to have a wonderful time here sharing experiences.

11-12-2006, 04:52 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome. It is exciting to hear that you use provia and sensia. The last time i was exposed to these films were up to III or IV for provia and sensia III. They are just hard films but when the exposure was spot on - bingo! the colour is just simply amazing.

Would love to see your shots! If you are really keen, you can try out fortia (limited editions). The colour is just impeccable. Not sure you have tried it or not.
11-12-2006, 11:22 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, Pathy- I'm looking forward to seeing some of your photos from India!

Enjoy the forum!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-13-2006, 08:30 PM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I haven't tried Fortia. Given the high tide of digital cameras, the photo shops don't sell "classic" stuff anymore - more so here in India. Even in the big cities, only a shop or two sell these. I want to try Velvia though.

Planning a trip next weekend (Nov 25-26). I should finish a slide roll...