Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2009, 06:20 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello everybody, from France

My first addiction to photography was when I was a child, playing with my father's Yashica (I really loved the square frame and the "frosted glass" ["verre dépoli" in french]) and Canon FTb and AE-1.

I had to stop because of studies and work for a few years, and came back to photography with the first digital I could afford (a Canon G3 that I still enjoy, trying amazing things that where not possible with Yashica or Canon SLR) and my first Pentax Z20 that I use from time to time.

I now enjoy my K20D and K10D, taking both when I go out chasing... mostly light, birds, and flowers. Too shy to shoot people, and maybe afraid about legislation in this part of the world - you know, image right, potential terrorism threat, and so on - I try to improve my skills on macro photography, landscapes, and nature in general

I guess that some day with a K-7, I would be able to shoot jazz or classical concerts, but that's another story... a dream?
Was ever a dream a drum, or a drum a dream ?

Well, I hope my english is still understandable after all these years without good pratice. I really enjoy reading and watching these forums from time to time and maybe one day I'll be able to show you a few pictures and get contructive comments about the different ways to improve these.

Anyway, if you read these lines and have some time to spend, you could have a look at fredg.zenfolio.com ... I'll be glad to hear from you.
I know it's a mess, with lots of things that inspired me, some with links to youtube or wikipedia when I had to share some information/mood according to my pictures. The most difficult for me is to keep only those that should be interesting for you. Any help appreciated !

As you can see, I don't talk often... but I can't stop myself

Good evening/morning (depending on where you live)

fredg

PS:
If I made mistakes and you can help me improve my english, I'd be really glad too

09-12-2009, 09:34 PM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome here Fred.
Don't worry about your English - it's perfectly understandable.
You have some nice wildlife photos in your collection.
Keep learning from the all knowing youtube, and you'll jut keep growing in skills and technique.
09-13-2009, 01:00 AM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, that is one great introduction.
09-13-2009, 01:11 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, there's absolutely nothing wrong with your use of the English language and if anyone says they can't understand you they must be a foreigner!!

09-13-2009, 04:22 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks Ash

Thank you for the welcome and the kind comments.
But I don't understand what you say by "Keep learning from the all knowing youtube" ?
I was thinking more about learning from PentaxForum, rather than from YouTube ...
09-13-2009, 04:26 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Tanks kerrowdown

Sorry for the long introduction I'll try to shorten my messages ...
09-13-2009, 04:33 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks eaglem

Thanks you for the kind welcome.
I'll try my best to find the right words, but sometime with my lack of pratice, I may use the wrong word or idiomatic expression, that lead to misinterpretation ... so, feel free to correct me!
I'm still learning photography ... and english too