Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2009, 02:34 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Hi from Montreal

hello folks.

i shot mostly with an MX kit for decades, first B+W then slide film the last 5 years i shot film. After that i went digital.

The last few years have used a Sony DSC-R1 and a Canon A650IS. Then i got a K-7 and am now happily back in the fold with 3 old manual M lenses that keep up with the rez of the DSLR.

Am abt to replace the kit WR lens with a better rez walkaround zoom, except for those foul weather days.

Tried a few of my M42 lenses too, but they're a bit too much of a hassle for daily quick use. Too bad. Always will have a soft spot for that M42 Takaumar 35mm f2.

Have tried a few of the optically-good standard zooms and find them all on the large side: too used to the M-series primes mounted on the MX, i guess.

Like my equipment non-obtrusive, and have always black-painted all the white lettering or covered them with black electrical tape. Still trying to reconcile myself to the fact that with a good standard zoom i'm going to end up with a really big black lump with tape all over it.

09-18-2009, 05:19 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hello Conrad, and welcome to PentaxForums!

Reading your introductory message, regarding bulk and your fondness for prime lenses, it seems to me that the DA or FA Limiteds lenses would be a great fit for you !
09-18-2009, 12:48 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, I have a roll of black gaffer tape in the Crumpler, but not for the use you use, mine saves my bacon when all goes wrong and I need to fix stuff.
09-19-2009, 07:23 AM   #4

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome, guys!

... i keep a roll in the classic silver colour for my emergencies. That and some wire coathangers.

Found the glue in duct tape too insidious for use on cameras. Leaves residues, and sometimes would damage the underlying paint on older bodies.