Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2009, 03:31 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Greetings from Nova Scotia, Canada

Hello...I am a graphic designer of 20+ years, living in Truro Nova Scotia. I bought my first camera years ago when digital cameras first came out. It was a Minolta Dimage 7 and believe it or not I paid a whopping $1500.00 for it. I had some frustrations with it but was able to gather many memorable events and numerous cd's of photo's with it. I bought a new camera in May of this year which is a Pentax K-m as well as a Tamron AF70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di - LD Macro 1:2 lens.
I'm a kind of a point and click person and don't know alot about the technicalities so this camera allows me to easily play around with the different auto settings as well as explore and learn more about setting up shot manually. I'm happy to find this forum and hopefully I won't have too many dumb questions about my current frustrations with my new camera. This is my first forum so I may need alot of help!
My favorite is shooting pictures of nature and macro shots...expecially bugs! I've got lots of them so I better go now and dive into trying to figure out how to start my gallery here.....Happy to be here....Digimom

09-18-2009, 04:47 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Digimom Quote
Hello...I am a graphic designer of 20+ years, living in Truro Nova Scotia. I bought my first camera years ago when digital cameras first came out. It was a Minolta Dimage 7 and believe it or not I paid a whopping $1500.00 for it. I had some frustrations with it but was able to gather many memorable events and numerous cd's of photo's with it. I bought a new camera in May of this year which is a Pentax K-m as well as a Tamron AF70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di - LD Macro 1:2 lens.
I'm a kind of a point and click person and don't know alot about the technicalities so this camera allows me to easily play around with the different auto settings as well as explore and learn more about setting up shot manually. I'm happy to find this forum and hopefully I won't have too many dumb questions about my current frustrations with my new camera. This is my first forum so I may need alot of help!
My favorite is shooting pictures of nature and macro shots...expecially bugs! I've got lots of them so I better go now and dive into trying to figure out how to start my gallery here.....Happy to be here....Digimom
Welcome, it is a helpful forum, so lots to learn.
Looking forward to pictures from your area.
09-18-2009, 06:04 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome to the family. Looking forward to seeing some of your nature shots. I just returned from a cruise to Canada (including Nova Scotia) and you folks have lots of lovely nature to record.
09-18-2009, 11:56 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi there Digimom,

I just returned from a 10 day vacation in Halifax and the Cabot Trail and there's no denying that there are some great photo spots in your neck of the woods. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun as you grow with the K-m.

Just keep asking questions... Pentax folk are some of the friendliest people around and true photo enthusiasts that were all where you are now in your photography at some stage.

Happy shooting

09-18-2009, 12:43 PM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum, great introduction
09-19-2009, 09:44 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Welcome! You'll find great info here and local schools will usually have night classes available for a very reasonable fee.