Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-26-2009, 07:53 PM   #1

Hello from San Diego

Just wanted to drop in and say hi. I've owned my K10D for a couple of years, but haven't really focused on photography in a long time. I've decided it's time to dust off the lenses and get out there shooting. One of my co-workers picked up a Canon 50D and dove in head first, so proving that Pentax can keep up with his Canon is the catalyst that has got me going again.

I went out today looking for some faster glass, but sadly discovered that the only store in San Diego supporting Pentax at all is George's Camera Exchange in North Park. Very nice people there and I'll gladly use them for my needs, but I live in North County and it's a heck of a drive. Oh well, I guess at least there's one shop near by.

Anyhow, anyone I'll be out and about most weekends in San Deigo and would love to go shooting with some other local Pentaxians.

Craig

09-26-2009, 09:06 PM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum.
I'm sure there will be a local Pentaxian contingency that you could meet up with for shoots.
Also consider B&H, Adorama, KEH and the like as resources for Pentax gear - they're all well trusted and reliable.
Enjoy your K10D - remember that it won't keep up with you're friends 50D in high ISO results, but otherwise it's an excellent performer...
09-27-2009, 12:23 AM   #3

Welcome Craig.

You might want to check out the San Diego DSLR Photography Group, at sandiegodslr.com There is a monthly group shoot, and people can use the site to arrange other photo outings too.

I've been to several of the monthly group shoots, it's a good bunch of people. Several of us shoot with a Pentax, but no one in the group gets too wrapped up in brands. They all work well, it's just a matter of preference and/or budget.

As for camera stores, Calumet is near you, but they may have stopped carrying Pentax, as did Nelson (downtown and La Jolla). The B&H recommendation is a good one.
09-27-2009, 01:47 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, as for local suppliers, I have to leave the country let alone the county here.

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 09-29-2009 at 11:49 AM.