Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-28-2009, 09:05 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Canon user has arrived

I am a Canon user and thought I would stop by and see what was going on in Pentax land. I was actually very close to buying a Pentax K200D a little over a year ago, but ended up buying my 40D due to a sale. I created an account here before deciding to go with Canon.

I am a regular user on Canon's Photography on the Net forum and have met several users of other systems (mostly Nikon) on that site. I enjoy hearing input from people with other systems because it places things in perspective. I hope to have a warm welcome . I am not a Canon fanboy btw....I believe that Canon purposefully holds things back from all but their pro camera's for marketing reason's and have always felt that Pentax had a higher "bang for your buck" quality. Probably the best of all the camera makers out there right now.

09-28-2009, 09:19 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome to Pentax land!

You'll find a lot of Canon shooters on this forum and I'm one of them. You're right about the purposeful deliniation of features that Canon do. One thing I can say though; pick yourself up some Pentax gear and you'll love the look and feel
09-28-2009, 09:31 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by keyser Quote
Welcome to Pentax land!

You'll find a lot of Canon shooters on this forum and I'm one of them. You're right about the purposeful deliniation of features that Canon do. One thing I can say though; pick yourself up some Pentax gear and you'll love the look and feel
So do you shoot with both systems or have you just tried the Pentax stuff out? I used the K20d and K200d back when I first started looking at cameras and liked the feel of each. I wish I knew somebody that had a pentax body so I could try it out sometime. I also wish that my 40D had better weather sealing!

Last edited by str8talk83; 09-28-2009 at 09:32 PM. Reason: errors
09-28-2009, 09:43 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Here's a few shots that I've taken

09-29-2009, 11:43 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, similar things go on in my house, me with Pentax K20D's and 2nd daughter at Uni reading Photography with Canon 50D's.
09-29-2009, 04:44 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks. I think that working with multiple systems would be an advantage since each brand kind of has its niche.
09-30-2009, 05:04 PM   #7

Welcome. I used to live in Springfield. I still have some family back there and an uncle that does a lot with his Nikon gear.

Best Regards

09-30-2009, 06:19 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks, I appreciate the kind words.