Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2007, 05:07 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Insomniac in the mix ....

Hello!

Recently discovered this site whilst surfing during an insomnia induced, "what to do now?" moment, and am happy to have found it. Lurked around a bit and liked what I saw so decided to jump in. I prefer brand specific forums over the general, 'one site catch all' types like others I saw mentioned here, and other Pentax sites I found were either in-active, strange to navigate, or filled up my email inbox.

I've had Pentax and Nikon camera's since the early 70's, and have been, admittedly, into and out of, photography since then as well. There's been a couple of Canon's in the mix but they didn't last long. Truthfully one of them was the ex's, not mine. A Pentax was my very first camera. There was a PZ-20 in the early 90's, then later a pair of ZX-5n's that I still have.

Currently I'm saving up $$ and eBay'ing off some gear to finance a D200, then a K10D. Why the D200 first? Because of friends that already have them, and, on the side I've been picking up the "bits" for it. And as it was released awhile back, it's already "proven" itself. I was waiting for the K10D to be out on the streets a bit longer before I decided on which Pentax model to go with. I liked what I saw in the photo pool of a K10D group on Flickr and thought to myself....Pentax is still an artist's camera!

06-01-2007, 04:31 AM   #2
Veteran Member

welcome.. its been a few days I hope you got some sleep...
06-23-2007, 06:05 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by joele Quote
welcome.. its been a few days I hope you got some sleep...
Thanks Joele!

It's definitely been a few days! ...and yes, I got some sleep finally!

I wound up getting the K10D first, a week and a day ago from this post date. The D200 can wait till I see a price drop.
06-23-2007, 08:28 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Good to hear you've slept, and that you got the K10D. Let's see some pictures .

07-04-2007, 11:39 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Pictures?

Where do you live in the SA area? I'm up northwest of Austin, on the northern edge of the Hill Country. Right now it seems like Appalachia with all of the rain.

Hope you have fun with your K10D. Expect to see some photos from Lost Maples in the fall.