Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-16-2009, 12:48 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Another hello from Eastern Canada

Hello from a wet and windy Maritimes (Dartmouth, NS).

I came here looking for a camera for my daughter and found what seems to be an excellent source of knowledge about all things Pentax, and to top it all off very friendly!

I, myself have a K100D and have dabbled in and out of photography for many years now. I'm from the UK originally and my first SLR was the tank like Russian Zenit TTL (Olympic edition), I then migrated to the Chinon CE4 (with PK mount). After this I purchased a Canon T70 on one of my first visits to Canada before emigrating here. Then came the kids, and it seemed to become a chore dragging around an SLR with them.....hello point and shoot! A couple of digital point and shoots later and I fell for the K100D about 2 years ago now, and loved it ever since, picking up several older lenses as well as the Tamron 70-300 LD Di along the way. I've taken a couple of basic courses...but keep forgetting most of what I learn....not enough practice.

My Dad always loved Pentax cameras, and so for sentimental reasons I also found a nice ME Super and many accessories for a reasonable price on E-bay.

Enough about me, thanks in advance for all and any help I get while frequenting these pages!

10-16-2009, 12:52 PM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum.
Great intro - seems Pentax has a special place in your life.
I too started off with the K100D - a fine beginner's camera that one can grow into and produce amazing images.
Well, enjoy the forum, and photography, and look forward to your contributions here in the future.
10-16-2009, 06:45 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us.
10-17-2009, 04:25 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Picking up the camera and shooting on a regular basis is the best thing to prevent you from forgetting things.

G'day and welcome to the forum.

10-21-2009, 08:04 AM   #5

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome.....strange how all you repliees are from Down under, as my brother emigrated there around the same I came over here. I don't speak to him much though...he's firmly in the Canon camp one of those enormous 40d jobs.

lucky lot you, going into summer...then again your winter isn't much colder than our summer most of the time!