Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-17-2009, 02:36 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Another Pentax Faithful in Southern Ontario

It's about damn time that I joined this site. I have been a Pentax faithful follower since I first started photograghy. At the age of 8, I was handed my first SLR camera, a K1000.

I grew up feeding my appetite for a well composed shot throughout my childhood and teenage years, the K1000s taking me the majority of the way. I was a darkroom assistant in my local highschool who ran rogue photography lessons as the teacher assigned to photography who couldn't discern the correlation of apertures and depth of field.

My teenage years marked the early days of digital media being available to the general public. I was working as a lab rat at a photo supply store at the time. I dipped and davelled in to digital photography, but film has always had a warm spot in my heart.

I picked up an istDS when they first came out and used the camera for all it was worth, but eventually migrated back to 35 and 120mm. ever since I caught wind that Pentax was working on the K-7, I've wanted one. Well, now I have one and am jumping on to the bandwagon of dSLR once again.

I am using a series of zoom and prime lenses, none of which are specifically designed for dSLRs. I tend to use the manual function when using the K-7 because it's familiar territory for me. I am not versed in much of the 'software' on board the camera but hope to figure the ins and outs as i go along.

Anyway, in short. Hello. You'll be reading from me again.

10-17-2009, 04:04 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
It sounds like you should have been here a long time ago.

Welcome mate and look forward to seeing your contributions.
10-25-2009, 11:47 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum , glad you were able to join us.
10-26-2009, 12:00 AM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum, and enjoy expanding your horizons further with your new gear.
Look forward to your contributions here.

10-26-2009, 02:35 PM   #5
Inactive Account

I was born and raised in SW Ontario, but live in the north now. Bought my first Pentax in Chatham back in the late '70's - an ME Super - and I still use it today.

Welcome to the forum and hope to see your pics soon.