Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-18-2009, 11:32 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
mba1971 from french Canada (Quebec)

Hi everyone.

I'm new to Pentax and, hell, I'm event new to DSLR!

I'm presently in a knowledge acquiring mode to make the best possible choice for my first DSLR. I'm not particularly rich so for me, this is big investment, one thant I don't want to regret, nor change every year! And from what I unsdrstand, my choice of camera is important sice I will likely invest in lenses that are incompatible between companies (Canon, Nikon, Sony, Pentax and Olympus).

When visiting local camera stores, I decided to go for the Canon EOS Rebel 500 (AKA T1i), then the Nikon D-90, and now, the Pentax K20. Great specs and feels grat in my hands. I'll be posting to maximise input from members, and keep you informed of my final choice, and commentairies.

By the way, sinsce i'm from Quebec, I dont often get to write in english (been a couple of years since school!), son please dont be to hardon me if I dont respct all of englsh grammatical and syntax conventions in future forum discussions.

See ya soon!

10-18-2009, 02:14 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Hey mba1971 !
Welcome to the forums. I too looked at other cameras, and when I finally found a dealer who sold Pentax, and I held it in my hands - it felt great in my hands. The others didn't feel right at all. I have not regretted my choice.
And don't worry about the English. Glad to have you, these are a wonderful bunch of photographers who have helped me out several times.
Irene Sophie
10-18-2009, 03:17 PM   #3
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome mba.
Enjoy your new K20D - it's a fine camera.
Keep learning and we hope to see you more online as you develop.
10-18-2009, 03:56 PM   #4

Original Poster
I think i didn't express myself correctly :

Quote : "When visiting local camera stores, I decided to go for the Canon EOS Rebel 500 (AKA T1i), then the Nikon D-90, and now, the Pentax K20. Great specs and feels grat in my hands."

I meant that at first I was looking to buy the T1i, then the D-90, and know I'm seriously looking at the K20, after trying it out in a local store.
Sorry for the mixup

10-20-2009, 09:10 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Soyez le bienvenu! We are bilinque chez moi. half and half. Claire is from Amos, Abitibi and I am from the South West BC Coast. Spent 3 years at CMR absorbing French. Came out (as did the rest of us there) speaking Frenglish and/or Franglais interchangeably, usually in the same sentence.

My biggest recent bilingual blunder was in a photo book I created of a trp my wife's two sisters came west for. I wrote "biberon" (bib) when I meant "bavette". I still haven't lived that one down, and it's been two years now.
10-21-2009, 08:38 AM   #6

Original Poster
Hello Canada Rockies,

I visited BC in a Cultural exchange (!) in grade school, way back in the day. The goal was a language exchange ( BC students taking french class came for two weeks, and selected QC students takinng english class (mandatory in QC BTW) went for two weeks in BC.

I loved the expérience, BC is beautiful and the climate wag much warmer than QC for the same time of year.

Anyway if yo fell like practicing your french, I,ll be happy to assist you, and I will continue to parctice my english with the other members of this great forum!
10-22-2009, 01:37 PM   #7
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, ask away if you need any help or advice to assist with your choices.