Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-29-2007, 10:25 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello from Indy!

I've been lurking for awhile, finally decided to join in the fun. I'm new to SLRs, but have enjoyed casual photography with my Dimage z2 until recently. On April 23rd my son was born and after going through my pictures of the big day, I realized so many were trashed from horrible noise/blur/nastiness. I vowed to never miss another memory to the problems of a tiny sensor, so decided to purchase my first DSLR. This was my perfect excuse(you know... wife approval) to jump into something I've been wanting for awhile. looked at all the options(brand loyalty is for suckas), decided Pentax was the best bang for the buck...

...And now that i'm here, a little about me... As I said, my son is now the main subject of my lens and the most important thing in my life. I'm new to serious photography, but have a background in graphics, including photo/video post production, 3d, and such. I currently work as a 3d artist from my home In Indianapolis, Indiana and occasionally pick up a layout job here and there. You can see my stuff at The Portfolio Of Bryan Wolf, but be warned, it hasn't been updated in almost a year. Soon I'll be building a new website to house the photos I take of my son Samuel and whatever else I can find to point the camera at. What can I say, I've caught the bug!

... anyway, glad to find this great place and I hope to be able to contribute in some positive way in the near future.

Bryan

05-30-2007, 07:48 PM   #2

Looks like we're fellow n00bs, Bryan.

I convinced the wife the let me buy a DSLR after a painful ($$$) experience with a professional photographer. We need pictures of the kids now, but I won her over with the "we can take our own pictures of the kids now and for years to come with a good SLR digital camera and make prints at costco" argument

Also, even though I believe that the camera is just a tool, the pentax cameras seemed to offer the most tool for the price. Actually, I very nearly got a K100D since the price was soooo good, but since the wife only approves a camera purchase once every 10 years I figured it was time to "go big or go home"... heh.
05-30-2007, 10:06 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Steve-O Quote
"we can take our own pictures of the kids now and for years to come with a good SLR digital camera and make prints at costco"
Sounds like my pitch. I tricked her a little bit though. She was tired and recovering from the delivery and I said we need a new camera to take pictures of Sam. She said ok without asking the price or anything. Now I can put that Epson 2200 I got when I was in school back to use and after the first few rounds of pictures she's glad I did it.

QuoteOriginally posted by Steve-O Quote
Also, even though I believe that the camera is just a tool, the pentax cameras seemed to offer the most tool for the price...
My feelings exactly.