Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-18-2009, 04:36 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello from the Netherlands!

Greetings from the north of the Netherlands,

This is my first time joining a internet forum, ever! Since and also before my upgrade from film (a sturdy Optio) earlier this year to my K200D for my outdoor activity's I got lots of information from the posts and reviews on this forum. Thanks! The Optio survived rainstorms and freezing temperatures in the Norwegian mountains but when I was confronted with some of the limitations of film versus digital in this digital age I decided to bite the bullet and get me a DSLR that was capable of handling bad weather and al the beauty around me. This summer I hiked and fly fished in Northern Norway (Finnmark) and my K200D with the DA 16-50 and DA 50-200 produced some beautiful images (at least to my eye..). Of course the shooting habit continued at home! I mainly shoot landscapes but I tried some bird shots and even made some 'news photo's'. I work as a radio-reporter but our station has a website with room fore some small photo's.

So thanks again to everybody that contributed to the wealth of information on this site. It made my steep learning curve a little bit flatter!

Fries.

10-18-2009, 05:25 PM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome Fries.
Glad to be a part of your learning experience here.
We're all enthusiasts, some are pro and some are on a similar learning curve.
But it's all fun and enjoyable.
Hope to see more of you in the forum - and even see some of your flyfishing shots!
10-18-2009, 11:06 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Ash!

Thanks for the welcome! Just before I got to work this morning I posted a photo in the sports section.

Greetings,

Fries
10-18-2009, 11:24 PM   #4
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Saw it! Nice one.
Keep shooting!

10-19-2009, 02:29 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Fries Quote
Greetings from the north of the Netherlands,

Ha! Yet another Frisian masquerading as a Dutchman

Welcome and "Frieslân boppe!"

10-19-2009, 09:19 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Ha goeie! Moai dat ik net de ienigste Fries bin!

For al the people that never heard of Fryslân/Friesland; perhaps I should explain that Fryslân is quite a distinctive province in the Netherlands with it's own language and so much more (like Frisian horses; I'll post a picture in the nature category). On a world scale there are not that many of us, so it is alway's a bit special when you meet a fellow 'Fries' in a international setting like this forum.

Fryslân boppe!
10-19-2009, 10:45 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Fries Quote
Ha goeie! Moai dat ik net de ienigste Fries bin!

For al the people that never heard of Fryslân/Friesland; perhaps I should explain that Fryslân is quite a distinctive province in the Netherlands with it's own language and so much more (like Frisian horses; I'll post a picture in the nature category). On a world scale there are not that many of us, so it is alway's a bit special when you meet a fellow 'Fries' in a international setting like this forum.

Fryslân boppe!
Sorry, Fries, I don't qualify although I sympathize. I'm from "West-Friesland" which is way over the dike and to you I am a "Hollander"

I do like Friesland a lot, see my gallery friesland_09 Photo Gallery by Mike at pbase.com

Mike
10-19-2009, 12:14 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by newmikey Quote
Sorry, Fries, I don't qualify although I sympathize. I'm from "West-Friesland" which is way over the dike and to you I am a "Hollander"

I do like Friesland a lot, see my gallery friesland_09 Photo Gallery by Mike at pbase.com

Mike
I'll make you a honorary Fries. There are more than enough beautiful photo's in your Friesland Photo Gallery to justify that. But perhaps I am biased. My grandmother was born in West Friesland. I especially liked the photo with the BSA sign and the one guy inside the pub looking out.

Fries

01-11-2010, 08:42 AM   #9
Site Supporter

As hostess of the picture of the week # 96 this week, I want to tell you please feel free to post something here you shot this week or last week!