Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-20-2009, 05:40 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Hi from Pune, India

Hi everybody,

Just joined the group and thought I will introduce myself. I have been an avid Pentax fan for almost 35 years. Started with an S2 (does any one remember this beauty ;-)) with a screw mount lens. Moved to K1000 and finally to SF1N. Also own bunch of lenses, tripod et al. Though I confess for the last 5 years or so been totally away from my gear. Moved to Pune from the US few years back. I thought of picking up photography once again and was on the look out for a good Pentax DSLR. Was shocked to see a total lack of awareness of Pentax gear in Pune and nowhere to buy Pentax cameras. At least not that I know of. Are there any Pentax users from Pune? Would love to exchange notes and take some tips about buying Pentax in Pune.

Look forward to interacting with you all in the future.

mj

10-20-2009, 06:48 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi MJ, Yes Pentax is unknown brand for lot of people. Of course some p&S are known. If you are Pentax fan and prefer that only and have enough old lenses; buy a piece from aborad (get it through friend or so) and leverage on existing lenes.

At the same time meet other Pentaxians from India in this thread.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/everything-else/24597-pentax-users-india.html

cheers
Sudhakar
10-20-2009, 08:39 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
My company has a business in Pune. I hear it's a beautiful place, but a bit wild for us Canadians...

Welcome aboard! enjoy our community.
10-22-2009, 12:02 AM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Hi from Pune, India

Sudhakar, thanks for the link to the Pentax users in India. I am sure this will be helpful to interact with others and get useful tips. I will post an introduction there too.

bdery, thanks for the welcome. Do you visit Pune as part of your work. It would be great to meet you if you happen to visit Pune. BTW, what's the name of the company. And, yes Pune is beautiful and really not that wild even for Canadians!

10-22-2009, 01:32 PM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, you can't seem to buy Pentax in Scotland either, have you tried online.
10-22-2009, 02:59 PM   #6
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome (back) mj!
Hope you enjoy this forum.