Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-20-2009, 05:30 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Maryland

Hi everyone! I'm a proud K20D owner from just south of Baltimore. I started with an *istDL and I just upgraded recently. Even though I never post anything I'm checking the forums constantly and I have learned a ton just from reading the posts. There are so many helpful members here and I appreciate everyone's willingness to answer all of the questions that people have.

Well, this is a great time of the year for taking pictures, so happy shooting everyone!

10-20-2009, 05:41 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by drg0012 Quote
Hi everyone! I'm a proud K20D owner from just south of Baltimore. I started with an *istDL and I just upgraded recently. Even though I never post anything I'm checking the forums constantly and I have learned a ton just from reading the posts. There are so many helpful members here and I appreciate everyone's willingness to answer all of the questions that people have.

Well, this is a great time of the year for taking pictures, so happy shooting everyone!
Welcome, Baltimore. Yes, it's a good forum. Glad to have you here. Don't be too shy. Speak up now and then.

Will
10-20-2009, 06:01 PM   #3
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome mate.
Hope you continue to enjoy the forum and taking photos with your new cam!
Do chime in once in a while...
10-20-2009, 06:47 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Hi,

I'm a new menber too and I coudl't agrre more about members here!

For my part, I'm looking to buy my first DSLR, and am seriously considering K20, even in I have to go used (budget limitations). I found a 620$ k200 today in a local electronics store, and have been offered a used K20 with 5000 shots.

So, if you feel like it, your impressions from using your K20 are welccome.

10-20-2009, 07:16 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

welcome to the forum from arnold!!
10-21-2009, 10:29 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mba1971 Quote
Hi,

I'm a new menber too and I coudl't agrre more about members here!

For my part, I'm looking to buy my first DSLR, and am seriously considering K20, even in I have to go used (budget limitations). I found a 620$ k200 today in a local electronics store, and have been offered a used K20 with 5000 shots.

So, if you feel like it, your impressions from using your K20 are welccome.
I really like my K20D. I don't know anything about the k200, but I know you'd really enjoy having a K20D. I haven't had it too long, but my experiences with it have been very positive. One drawback is the automatic noise reduction on long exposures (over 30 seconds I think). I took some night pictures with 20 minute exposures and I had to wait an extra 20 minutes for the camera to do it's noise reduction which was a pain, but the pics turned out well without much noise. I also changed out the focus screen which has helped with some of the manual lenses I have purhased. The dust removal system is nice to have, as is the in-camera image stability system. The K20D is a fantastic camera and won't disappoint.

QuoteOriginally posted by blackbirdoor Quote
welcome to the forum from arnold!!
Thanks, I'm just up the road from you a little bit.
10-22-2009, 01:34 PM   #7
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum, a time will come that you will be able to provide the answer for someone.
10-22-2009, 05:43 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome! I'm not that far, actually.