Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-25-2009, 02:10 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Hello from Vancouver Island

Hello all - I am a long time enthusiastic photographer who has recently up graded to the K7. Look forward to learning a lot more from fellow Pentax and non-Pentax users.
Cheers
Rick

10-25-2009, 08:52 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Good luck with your new K-7! I gotta think there are great opportunities for landscape and nature shots in Vancouver Island.
10-25-2009, 08:56 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
G'day Rick.
Good to have you on board.
Look forward to seeing some of your views from the isles of Canada.
10-25-2009, 09:00 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Welcome to one Canadian from another Canadian. I'm from the prairies, but I'm waiting for my wife to retire so we can escape part of the harsh winters and take in the wonderful climate of Vancouver Island.

10-25-2009, 10:36 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Welcome to one Canadian from another Canadian. I'm from the prairies, but I'm waiting for my wife to retire so we can escape part of the harsh winters and take in the wonderful climate of Vancouver Island.
You mean the soggy, wet, grey climate of Vancouver Island?

Actually, that's why I like it here but I do wish our winters were a bit more wintery.
10-26-2009, 08:19 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sebberry Quote
You mean the soggy, wet, grey climate of Vancouver Island?

Actually, that's why I like it here but I do wish our winters were a bit more wintery.
Come to Winterpeg...you want winter...we'll give you winter. We have winter in abundance...lot's of snow, ice, cold, prairie blizzards.

But on the other side, we get lot's of blue sky and sunshine during the winter.

I just wish that winter would start Dec. 24th and finish around the end of January..then have spring from Feb. 1rst to about March 15th...then summer...then...
10-28-2009, 09:17 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Come to Winterpeg...you want winter...we'll give you winter. We have winter in abundance...lot's of snow, ice, cold, prairie blizzards.

But on the other side, we get lot's of blue sky and sunshine during the winter.

I just wish that winter would start Dec. 24th and finish around the end of January..then have spring from Feb. 1rst to about March 15th...then summer...then...
OP doesn't need to go that far. My lawn has been white since Monday.

10-28-2009, 09:25 PM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
OP doesn't need to go that far. My lawn has been white since Monday.
Although we did have around 15-20 cms of snow around Thanksgiving it's all green again...but not for long. Usually by the end of October/November the snow is here for good...or at least till sometime late March/early April.