Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2009, 06:54 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Hello from Arkansas

Long time Pentax user who, after much quibbling with myself, finally parted with my ZX collection some time ago. Though I miss my original K1000, the past couple of years have seen me intro the digital age via ist DL, then a year a go, the K200D.

Over the next few days, I will attempt to upload some work. Comments ALWAYS welcome. I have learned much after 20+years processing film...digital IS different, but VERY lovable!

The accompanying shot is one of my favs this year.

Greetings all!

Attached Images

10-27-2009, 11:16 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pleased to have you on the forum Mike.
Welcome and I hope you enjoy your time here.
You've started off with quite an image. You'll find that images attached to posts here come out less sharp and contrasty than your originals, but this one you've posted is a fine bird portrait.
Mastering post-production software is the next big journey.
10-28-2009, 03:59 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice shot considering it's of one of my favourite birds. Welcome to the forum, glad you could join us.
10-28-2009, 04:00 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome! I enjoy reading opinions and always benefit from learning more!

10-28-2009, 06:01 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Mike, I checked out your site, and really love the shots from the Buffalo River !! I want to get down there someday, and try a lil' fishing and photography. I hear the smallmouth bass fishing is great there...
10-29-2009, 03:17 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks stratman. Yeah, we wish we could have stayed longer there, darned ole rain! There is a group on Facebook called My Buffalo River My Buffalo River | Facebook that keeps you updated on things like river level (which at certain campsite is VERY important!) and all kinds of stuff. The trails are terrific there, which was my main mission which we didn't get to complete...so myself and my son are heading back up there again probably after the first of the year!