Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2007, 03:20 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Return to roots

Hello to you all,

I have just returned to SLR photography - started out with a k1000 as a teenager what a great camera, just the essential controls no distractions - just be creative; I then moved onto an olympus XA2 (35mm compact) superb IQ for size of camera always sharp and more practical for backpacking, sailing + traveling.
About a year ago I went digital with the Panasonic TZ1, very versatile (I have got some superb shots of my kids over the past 12 months) and a great introduction to digital, this camera really got me back into enjoying photography but it wasnt long before I wanted a bit more control and a step up in image quality - dont get me wrong, the TZ1 is pretty impresive, but at 5MP if you crop too much in PP and print A4 it starts to show.
I am now the proud owner of a K10D, Sigma 17-70, Pentax 50-200DA and Pentax 100mm f2.8 D-FA Macro.
A lot of what I learnt with the TZ1 has helped me to get to grips with this camera, I am on my second complete reading of the manual - don't you just hate fiddling around with settings when you want to be capturing a rapidly passing moment!
I was very pleased to discover this forum, I have been following the dpreview Pentax DSLR and Panasonic forums for a while with the occasional post and learnt a lot about my TZ1 and also the K10D + lenses prior to purchase. I have already been made to feel welcome on this forum, and being subdivided makes it a lot more straight forward to find the thread you are interested in.

My main photographic interests are my 2 sons and wildlife - both close up and at a distance.

Anyway I hope to be a regular contributer to this forum, and hope to post some images as soon as I get to grips with RAW processing -just got Bibble lite and like it a lot, now I just need an easy way to catolouge and tag my images and maybe some printing software which gives me a bit more creative control and flexability.

Cheers
Mike

06-04-2007, 02:37 AM   #2
Veteran Member

You got a couple of great lenses there. Welcome to pentax forum.

It seems you had a lot of experiences from these photography years. Looking forward to your posts

Cheers
06-04-2007, 06:50 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome roentarre,

I am looking forward to posting some images when I can, any recommendations for a free online photo gallery host?

Cheers
Mike
06-04-2007, 08:07 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome Mike and congrats on your newest acquisition!

06-04-2007, 01:46 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome codiac2600,
Just been enjoying the evening light with my 100mm Macro in the garden, very pleased with the results for first real use of the lens, will post some images when I get sorted out with a web photo host - any recommendations?