Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-28-2009, 11:16 AM   #1
Forum Member

Hello from Southwestern PA!

Hi, everybody. I'm new at this "forum thing", so have mercy!

The main reasons for me joining are:

I LOVE pentax cameras. I'm a switcher from a Nikon D40 to the Pentax K200D. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I know the D40 is a beginner camera. but the prices for both of these were not that far apart. I also wasn't very pleased with Nikon's service!

Sometimes I need help figuring something out, and why not ask the experts on pentax forums?

I listen to allot of photography podcasts at work. I'll be listening to a write-in question about some feature they are looking for, and the hosts only know of 2 brands! Canon & Nikon! They'll often tell the listeners that you might need to go to a pro body for that feature! like "whether sealing" or their method of converting some proprietary RAW file to DNG, I start yelling to the podcasters - "my little K200D has all that!!!" but it's always Canon, Nikon, Nikon, Canon, Nikon... Canon!

Thanks for having me!

P.S. I just bought a Pentax K7 to replace my K200D and I'm loving every minute of it!

10-28-2009, 01:07 PM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the K-7.
Little respect is given for a small player in a tough and competitive environment, and Pentax is certainly the underdog in SLRs - but you've seen its virtues and done well to have your cams grow on you like they have.

Hope you enjoy your time here and look forward to your participation.
10-31-2009, 03:42 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, glad to see you are enjoying your Pentax experience.
10-31-2009, 08:37 AM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome!
I'm originally from western Pa.-----Stoge

11-01-2009, 12:22 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome indeed!

I look forward to you posting some pictures with your new gear. When you're ready to upgrade or expand your lens selection, there are lots of choices which include old legacy glass. Pentax has a great thing going with backward compatibility - and for good reason.