Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-28-2009, 05:32 PM   #1

Noob in Minnesota

I teach motorcycle safety at the local community college system. One evening as I was teaching the classroom part of the course I noticed a 16 week photogaphy class 2 hours on Monday nights. I looked up the instructor and he told me that I need to have a dSLR camera inorder to take the class. As I was researching what to buy, I talked to friends and read reports on various websites. I purchased a used Pentax K100D Super body. The camera is as brand new. I have a ZX-10 with two lenses a 28-80 and 80-320 that work great with the camera.
The plan is to learn how to use this other than in the auto mode, like I use my point & shoot Nikon coolpix 5900, then upgrade to a more powerful and complex Pentax. At my speed it will most likely be the new K-10...
Dudley

10-28-2009, 11:54 PM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Dudley.
The K100D is capable of capturing excellent 6Mp images.
The K10D is a fine upgrade, but what would matter more is the lenses put on the cameras.
Enjoy the forum and photography!
10-30-2009, 01:47 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Well I think you started off on the right foot and am pretty sure you'll pick up a lot of hints and tips from this forum............So Welcome!!