Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-02-2007, 04:29 AM   #1
Forum Member

Hello, and I have some questions about low light shooting

Hello everyone. I was told by someone in another forum that I may get some help here. Let me introduce myself briefly. My name is Misty and I have been shooting for about a year now. I have learned a lot, but still have a whole lot more to learn.

My most current problem is with grain. I currently purchased the FA 50mm 1.4, and haven't been able to shoot with it without getting grain. Now I did some experimenting and found that when I shoot with my strobes, I'm okay. Shooting in low light situations is my problem. I bought this lens JUST to be able to shoot in low light, and it hasn't done the job I expected of it.

Also, I am getting purple crosses on my photos. I have NEVER had this happen before. Anyone know what's going on?

I have been told by some on another forum that they think I am underexposed, and the fact that I didn't CWB is a problem. Now, I don't understand how I can better expose when I was already @ f1.7. The person that made that comment didn't explain to me how I can compensate for the 2 stop underexposure. As I said, I have a lot to learn, so I just really don't understand this.

I know this is the welcome section, but I sure hope someone will help me anyway.

Thank you everyone!

Oh, btw, no flash. I am shooting some place TODAY that is low light and doesn't allow a flash. That is what I bought this lens for. I have had it for a few days now, and still can't figure out how to get rid of the grain.

Last edited by strictlypentax; 10-03-2007 at 07:30 AM.
06-02-2007, 04:32 AM   #2
Forum Member

Original Poster
here is the purple cross and the picture with strobes

Never mind the hot spots and what nots of the strobe picture, I just plopped her in the chair and snapped to see if I would still get grain. As you can see, this picture is clear as a bell.

Last edited by strictlypentax; 10-03-2007 at 07:30 AM.
06-02-2007, 09:30 AM   #3
Veteran Member

The purple cross is a hot pixel. It ought to show up at the same point in every frame taken. You might not have seen it before, because it could have just appeared, or the software you've been using has cloned it out before now.