Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-31-2009, 09:18 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello Everyone

Greetings from the Bluegrass State Kentucky,

I have just acquired a K10D. What a beautiful well thought of work of art this camera is.

I developed a passion for photography when I took a course in B&W photography some 18+ years ago in college. I loved experimenting with long exposures and printing. It was then that I learned what little I know today about exposure, composition, and the magic of light. I remember being so fascinated by light, shadows, and light reflection off an asphalt pavement under rain under very low light conditions; i.e., night and street light, that I would spend many joyful hours trying to capture the simple beauty of our physical world that we sometime fall short of appreciating.

The K10D is going to be the instrument to allow me to explore long exposures and engaging our beautiful world again through the eyes of camera.

I have braced myself for learning how to effectively work with the K10D. The learning curve appears a bit steep but well worth the effort in the end.

I would appreciate any suggestions for a beginner. Tutorials on-line would be great. I have not been able to visit DigiiChi yet; i.e., over that last 48 hours. There may be a problem with the site being down. Does anyone know anything about that? Hopefully, I will be able to access the site soon. In the meantime, I am going through the manual and just shooting.

Wishing you all the very best,

Mack

10-31-2009, 12:03 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your K10.
10-31-2009, 01:01 PM   #3
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Mack.
The forum's a great place to learn more about your camera and photography in general.
Start with rehashing the basics of the exposure triad (if you're not already familiar with it), then the properties of light, and then camera technique. Don't hesitate to ask your unanswered questions here, and use the Articles section of the forum (see the tabs above) for more tutorials.

Enjoy the forum and photography!
11-01-2009, 02:39 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome fellows!

Thanks Ash. I am enjoying the camera! Yet with quite a bit to explore and experiment with--all that much a labor of love...

It is certainly good to have the feeling that you are in the right place.

Regards

Mack