Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-09-2009, 10:13 PM   #1

Hello From Toronto, Canada

Hey everyone!

I am not really a new member anymore, but the fact that I haven't introduce myself in this forum is kinda impolite. So here it goes...

I am Alan from Toronto! I've always have relationship with pentax cameras for some reason. I've only used K-mount film SLRs. Ricoh XR-6, Pentax P50.
For digital, I've happened to find a perfect condition istDL a few months back and it stop working, made me feel like i got a lemon at $200 dollars.
I am using Canon XS with Pentax adapter right now.
AND........... I've just bought the new K-x!! yes! the exciting K-x!
It could be at my door any moment now!

As for personal info. I've always like taking snapshot, but now I've finally decided to move up for quality. I have eye problem, although at age of 22, i have retinal degeneration, its like image sensor on camera is getting dusty and malfunction. Some people laugh at me unable to use a viewfinder properly, but i did find it really hard to see thru the non-focusing screen DSLRs.

If anyone can tell me where to source focus screen for K-x cheap, please do! I cant afford katzeye, i am still paying off my tuition fee, the bill for K-x and my photography course i am taking right now...

Beside saying hi, I'd love to if anyone here repairs digital SLR, I'd not mind paying you sub-pentax repair cost to get my istDL fixed! (or if you happens to know who repairs camera here.)

I belong to Pentax, again for now!
Alan

11-10-2009, 08:13 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Well, an official welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new camera.
11-10-2009, 06:32 PM   #3

Original Poster
thank you!
11-10-2009, 07:00 PM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
G'day Alan, pleased to finally 'meet' you.
All the best in finding the right focusing screen and camera repairer for you.
Hope you enjoy the K-x, which looks to be a stunning little performer.

11-22-2009, 08:27 AM   #5
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looking forward to hearing what you think of the new camera. Glad to meet you "officially"
11-22-2009, 07:50 PM   #6

Original Poster
thanks for the welcome everyone!

I sold my istDL for $50bucks.. =(
Cant get anyone 3rd party to fix it, and pentax is most likely going to charge me $200 to fix, such a pity.
11-22-2009, 10:27 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Alan,

Welcome.

Type:
camera repairs toronto
into Google

You will find numerous companies that could fix your camera and possibly help with your viewing problem in Toronto.

Mickey (Lifetime Torontonian)

Last edited by mickeyobe; 11-22-2009 at 10:33 PM.
« Hey everyone | Ciao »