Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-06-2007, 10:43 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Greetings from Denmark

Hi,

I think it's about time that I introduce myself. Been peeking around this forum for a while now, and think I'm ready to spring out into the public
My name is Paul Fleischer, and as the title hints, I'm from Denmark in Europe.
I'm a complete newbie at photography. Got hooked when I bought a Konica/Minolta DiMage Z10 (3mpx) in 2005. A year later I found that the Z10 was far too limited for me, and that I wanted more manual control over things. And that's when I decided for the jump to a DSLR. After a couple of months of reading reviews, and trying out different kind of brands and models, I decided that the Pentax K10D was the way to go. The choice was between the K10D and Nikon D80. I chose the K10D as I really liked the weather resistant body, decades of lens compatibility, excellent reviews, very competitive price, and last but certainly not least, good communities around the Internet. I have to add, that it's almost impossible to figure out which DSLR to buy as first time buyer, so there are alot of random factors as well.

I have had the K10D for a couple of months now, and I have to say that I couldn't be more happy with it. I'm not using very many of the features of it, but I learn new things about it every day and hopefully, in a couple of years, I will be able to take fully advantage of the K10D.

This was alot of rambling on about myself. I doubt that very many (if any) will read it all, but now it's here :-).
Oh, and by the way, this is an awesome forum. I'm looking forward to participate more actively.

Cheers! And thanks for reading, if you got all the way through :-)

06-06-2007, 04:19 PM   #2
Veteran Member

HI Paul,

Velkommen til...

A pleasure to see yet another Dane joining...

Now you have been lurking for quite some time, why i will keep it short...

så igen, velkommen
06-08-2007, 10:00 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Hello Paul,

Welcome and I hope we will see some pictures from Denmark!