Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-16-2009, 03:08 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hellow Pentaxians

Hi,
I live in Cottage country of Ontario, Canada, Retired and always busy. I have some varied interests besides Photography. Generally you will find Sue & I sailing "Lady Simcoe" we live aboard for 2 years on our first cruise of the Carabbean then again last winer in the Bahamas. :ugh: When not sailing in the winer we are found on the Curling Rink where we throw big pieces of granet down a sheet of Ice where a couple of people sweep with a push broom ahead of the rock. It's a great roaring game. During the summer if not on the lake sailing we are touring around in our Alfa Romeo Sports cars. I got into the Pentax feaver years ago and then switched to digital. Pentax was the only system to retain their old lenses on there digital cameras thanks. I presently shoot with a 1stDS and will up grade to a K7 soon. When the price drops tor around a 1000 dollars I will probably have one. Got to get Sue's ok. Any way owning a Pentax is like owning an Alfa Romeo Sports car. They are not very well known but are the best.
Love to here from some Pentexicians from around the world. Would post some pic's but can't figure out what a URL is, maybe some one can explain how to attach pictures.
All for know.
GordZ

11-16-2009, 06:24 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Welcome,
You cannot upload pictures to the forum. You must upload them elsewhere and then post links to the forum.
I use flickr.com but their are many others. Flickr has free accounts. Personally I opted for the pro account @ $20.00 USD to do away with size and upload limits. There are other services available also.
Dave
11-16-2009, 06:33 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Sorry, I belong to a couple of different pentax forums and I got the rules mixed up. To post to the gallery here you just go to the gallery using the link at the top of the page and click upload photo.
11-17-2009, 12:53 PM   #4
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi Gordz,
Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your little story.
Must be a hard life sailing around the tropical seas...
There are a couple of other avid sailors on the forum - you'll get to know them pretty soon if you stick around

You may also attach your photos to posts you make on the forum by scrolling down and uploading them as attachments. Once you have your image on your hard drive you can simply follow the prompts and attach your images. Be weary that the forum software does compress attached images, so it may not come up as vibrantly as if you uploaded them to other photo hosting sites and embedding them in posts that way.

Have a look at this 'sticky' post for more info: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/6-read-first-how-post-up...de-images.html
and here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/10217-tutorial-posting-i...step-step.html

Hope you enjoy your photographic and boat journeys!
Look forward to your contributions here.

11-19-2009, 03:43 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks,
I'll check the tutorials and pic a pic to put on the web. Am enjoying the forum was at a couple of camera shops looking at the K7. The camera shops don't push the camera. I walked into one shop and asked about DSLR's they pointed me towards two other brands first. Then admitted that the Pentax K7 was a brilliant camera. Their profit on a higher priced camera is much higher therefore their commission or bonus is better on dollar volume, which would you sell? I was in sales all my working life. Also Pentax does not do the advertising that the other companies do advertising works. The K7 may not be superior than the other 2 but it sure takes great pictures and has features I never dreamed of when using film. Imagian HiDynamicRange in the camera. Video in a SLR camera. Contrast, RBG, auto white balance, variable ISO (I had to change film for that) the list goes on and on. And no chemicles to mix to see if I made a resonable image. Got to get the K7 soon.
Thanks,
GordZ