Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-17-2009, 12:27 PM   #1
Inactive Account

very new user

Hi
Iíve followed this forum for nearly 2 years but have never contributed or indeed registered.
Over the last few months I have been searching for a Voiglander 180mm Apo Lanthar.
They are obviously scarce and the few Iíve seen for sale were invariably not Pentax fit.
Looking through the for sale section of this forum on Saturday I at last found what I had been looking for
I immediately emailed the seller --knyghtfall - to check if the item was still available and check the shipping cost to the UK.
Apparently it was available so I immediately arranged a Paypal transaction for the correct amount.
Then things went wrong. I received an email from Paypal as expected but it stated that the transaction had been initiated.
Nothing further happened and I received an email from the seller asking if I was still interested in the lens as he had other enquiries and his paypal account had not registered a payment where as my account stated that the amount had not been claimed.
He suggested the he sent me a Paypal request for funds and so I cancelled my original payment attempt
On receiving the promised invoice I paid the required amount and it was processed normally and hopefully I will soon receive the lens Iíve been wanting.
Iíve never had this problem with Paypal before and wonder just what had gone wrong.
Anyway the reason for this post is to thank knyghtfalll for being so patient and allowing me time to sort the payment problem Iím sure he could have sold the Apo many times over.
I would have posted this in his feedback but the original post seems to have disappeared
I hope its OK to post in this section.
So once again thank you knyghtfall
dino1

11-18-2009, 01:14 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, you're amongst friends here.
11-18-2009, 01:57 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome
I have now established how to leave feedback!!
dino1
11-18-2009, 04:19 AM   #4
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum Dino.
Glad it worked out in the end for you.
Hope you enjoy it and your time here.
Look forward to your contributions.

11-19-2009, 12:12 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi dino1, funny to read that you also, like me, were reading this forum for a long time before registering. Welcome-words seems a bit strange...you probably feel here at home already!
11-19-2009, 03:33 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, dino.

Did you resolve the problem buying your lens through Paypal?

My experience with Paypal has been pretty good generally, but problems do occur. I'm not sure why. I'm in the USA (Texas) and I've also run into some problems selling to buyers who are outside the USA, due to nasty surprises in shipping costs.

The lens you want sounds sweet - I hope you get it and will post some photos here.

Will
11-20-2009, 01:33 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hi Will
I managed to pay for the lens eventually.
I just cancelled my initial payment which seemed to have stalled for some unknown reason and asked to seller to foward a payment request.
From then on no problems whatsoever.
I ought to investigate further as the problem might happen again.
dino1