Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-20-2009, 02:24 AM   #1

New to dSLRs and the Forum..

Hey folks,

My wife and I have got ourselves a K-x as the first step into a brave new world of SLR cameras.

I had been experimenting more and more with my old compact (a Sony DSC35), then killed it at the beach at the start of the year... (sand in the lens mechanism ).

I toyed with a dSLR then, but found it a bit overwhelming, and got another Sony - last weekend though, we took the plunge and picked up the K-x...

and spent the entire weekend going nuts - taking pics of everything that moved (and didn't).

Looking forward to learning more about 'proper' photography, and this seems like just the place.

11-20-2009, 02:33 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Congratulations on a fine purchase, and welcome to the forum!
11-20-2009, 01:36 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Ian, welcome to this forum. As you can see I am a new member too...I don't even have a SLR yet (but I will)! Before registering I have been reading this forum for many months and I can tell you it's a very helpful and friendly forum.
11-20-2009, 01:53 PM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Theo.
Good to see more Aussie Pentaxians coming through.
The K-x is a fine little tool that puts the Pentax name out there among the big guns.
Enjoy the forum, and don't be a stranger!