Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-21-2009, 10:03 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Hello from Medicine Hat

I have been lurking for months on the forum and decided to register. My first Pentax which I sold a year or so ago was a Spotmatic F I bought new. My wife and I had two Spotmatic Fs one of which was bought at McBain Camera in Edmonton where she worked for a year and the other directly from Pentax Canada during that time. Since that time we each got a SF1n and I have a MZ5n. When they first came out I bought her a K10D for Christmas. For digital I use a Nikon D200 notice I said used not owned as it is not mine.

Currently most of my shooting is B&W film on a Hasselblad system, one of a couple of large format systems. a Rolleichord I have had for three decades and of course the Pentaxs as I still have a brick of High Speed Infrared and about 15 rolls of Technical Pan.

I shoot for myself although I used to do some professionally and the last job I had involved high speed photography so when people say then need greater than 5 fps I used to use a camera that was capable of 400 000 frames per second although I think the fastest I ever used was only 12000. Digital video but still relatively quick.

My wife is more digital than I am as digital was designed for her, she shoot like it was digital still in the 70s . But we both use the darkroom we just set up again after a decade of not having one and I cannot think of photography without it. Never was interested in colour in the darkroom though. My wife also uses the medium and large format cameras on occassion but enjoys Holgas more and we are about to make some pinhole cameras as well.

In the past we had a store that sold Pentax binoculars but not cameras and during that time I noted that I could not buy a camera from Pentax Canada for as low a price as the big mail order houses in the States sold for however even selling about 10 pairs of binoculars a year my prices beat theirs and I still made a profit so it is hard to compare prices just based on exchange rates.

Ivan

11-21-2009, 10:25 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard Ivan. You should scan some of your film shots to share with us.
11-22-2009, 08:06 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ivan, welcome aboard! It's good to have people around with as much experience as you have!
11-22-2009, 08:08 AM   #4
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forums and we all look forward to your contributions!

11-26-2009, 04:38 PM   #5
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome here Ivan.
Hope you enjoy the forums and get involved!