Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-26-2009, 09:08 AM   #1

Hi from North Vancouver

Just wanted to post a hello - have been looking through the forum and have found lots of interesting items.

I have a K100D which I have had for 2 years, the kit lens it came with - 18 - 55mm, a Pentax FA50mm F1.4 and a Tamron AF 70-300mm F4-5.6 Telemacro lens.

I would be interested in any meetups in the Vancouver, BC or WA area.

11-26-2009, 11:06 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum. Beautiful area, around Vancouver.
Seems you're okay set with your gear, but the danger of reading forums is that one discover all the aditional aspects of photography that can help even more. Soon the wish list becomes long
11-26-2009, 11:49 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hey Marlie,

Welcome aboard. I'm over on the Island but there are a number of us from BC and the lower mainland. I would imagine that there will be a Vancouver Meet Up sometime soon. You could always try organizing one, just pick a few dates for people to pick from, and a location and post a notice.... then see who responds. It's getting closer to Christmas so weekends may be getting busy for people.
I organized a meet here in Victoria last summer...will probably do another one in Feb...

Cheers,
Steve
11-26-2009, 01:39 PM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Marlie - welcome to the forum.
Hope you enjoy your time here.
Lots of fellow Canadians on board here.

11-26-2009, 01:46 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Location: Living in Vancouver, BC, born in Melbourne Australia
Photos: Albums
Hi Marlie,
I'm based in Vancouver, though on the other side of the water - Kits.
Welcome, I'm a newby as well.
11-26-2009, 02:39 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I grew up in North Van, awesome area except the rain has not been too forgiving.

Now that it's a clear"er" day, get out and shoot!

Welcome to the forum
11-26-2009, 06:04 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonson PL Quote
Welcome to the forum. Beautiful area, around Vancouver.
Seems you're okay set with your gear, but the danger of reading forums is that one discover all the aditional aspects of photography that can help even more. Soon the wish list becomes long
Thanks for the welcome, I love it here....there is always something to photograph. I have a good start on my gear but there is always the call of something else

11-26-2009, 06:06 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote
Hey Marlie,

Welcome aboard. I'm over on the Island but there are a number of us from BC and the lower mainland. I would imagine that there will be a Vancouver Meet Up sometime soon. You could always try organizing one, just pick a few dates for people to pick from, and a location and post a notice.... then see who responds. It's getting closer to Christmas so weekends may be getting busy for people.
I organized a meet here in Victoria last summer...will probably do another one in Feb...

Cheers,
Steve
Thanks for the welcome Steve, I will keep my eyes posted for a Vancouver meetup. I did the Worldwide Photo Walk this year and although we were a small group, we had a great time. It is a busy time of the year so the new year is probably when things will happen. Will look for yours on the Island, maybe a good time to get over there.
11-26-2009, 06:07 PM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Hi Marlie - welcome to the forum.
Hope you enjoy your time here.
Lots of fellow Canadians on board here.
Thanks so much Ash, I look forward to being here
11-26-2009, 06:07 PM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lats Quote
Hi Marlie,
I'm based in Vancouver, though on the other side of the water - Kits.
Welcome, I'm a newby as well.
Hey there, I love the Kits area. Thanks for the welcome!
Lots of Canadians on here I see.
11-26-2009, 08:54 PM   #11

Hi Marlie,

Another welcome extended! I am from North Vancouver too! I hope you enjoy the forum, it really is an invaluable resource for information... and used lenses.

Cheers!

Dana
11-26-2009, 11:41 PM   #12
Veteran Member

You know guys, if the rain in North Van gets too much for you; you could always scoot down to sunny Tsawwassen! :P

It is beautiful up there, though... places like Lynn Valley make it good for photographers!
11-27-2009, 12:01 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Marlie Quote
Just wanted to post a hello - have been looking through the forum and have found lots of interesting items.

I have a K100D which I have had for 2 years, the kit lens it came with - 18 - 55mm, a Pentax FA50mm F1.4 and a Tamron AF 70-300mm F4-5.6 Telemacro lens.

I would be interested in any meetups in the Vancouver, BC or WA area.
WC to the forums.
I lived several years just outside of Vancouver where I met my lovely wife there. Beautiful place and I sure do miss the photo ops that came with it.
11-27-2009, 07:17 AM   #14

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dananielsen Quote
Hi Marlie,

Another welcome extended! I am from North Vancouver too! I hope you enjoy the forum, it really is an invaluable resource for information... and used lenses.

Cheers!

Dana
Dana, thank you for the welcome. I am already finding out how invaluable it is and sure enjoying the reading. Glad to meet another North Vancouverite!
11-27-2009, 07:19 AM   #15

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by keyser Quote
You know guys, if the rain in North Van gets too much for you; you could always scoot down to sunny Tsawwassen! :P

It is beautiful up there, though... places like Lynn Valley make it good for photographers!
I think I could take you up on that about now, the rain has been incredible, my webbed feet are here to stay for the season now. I have been up to the Suspension Bridge in Lynn Valley and did a few photos with my son, it was fun and a beautiful spot.