Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2009, 03:20 PM   #1
Inactive Account

G'day from Australia

Just moved across to the Pentax platform and am pretty excited about my future here.

Just bought a K20D body off 'that' Bay and am now on the hunt for those legendary primes I kept hearing about from my Pentax using friends.

Do you know where I can find them beyond the Bay? I've notice a pretty active Market Place here but as a foreigner can I buy from here? Otherwise do Aussies often list there - and can you search on specific country only listings?

Before I buy can anyone recommend a first prime to go with the K20D?

11-27-2009, 06:41 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome tho the Pentax forums. As a relative novice in the realm of DSLR photography I found a lot of useful information and a welcoming community at this forum. I only recently bought my first prime after some zooms (a smc DA 35mm f/2.8 macro) but judging from this forum the primes that really deserve the title 'legendary' seem to be the FA 43 and 77 mm. In order to get some useful tips from other more knowledgeable forum members it is perhaps best to give them some idea of the kind of photograph you are after?
11-27-2009, 08:06 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Thanks Fries.

Your first choice 35/2.8 is my first choice. But it's a little expensive here in Australia. How much would they cost secondhand on the forum?
11-27-2009, 08:12 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hey a fellow Aussie!

How you going Stillshunter? I'll try the Personal Message thing, and see how it goes.

11-27-2009, 08:16 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thank you for the reply Fries.

The prime will be for general photography. A large part of my interest is wildlife and so I will be buying into some larger (300mm +) primes and TCs, as well as macro lenses. However, this initial is a general 'walk-around' prime as well as to test out the K20D. I've had zooms in the past and did not really like the results, hence why I have made the shift to Pentax, to take advantage of some of the best primes out there.

I think I am going to like it here.
11-28-2009, 02:40 AM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stillshunter Quote
Thanks Fries.

Your first choice 35/2.8 is my first choice. But it's a little expensive here in Australia. How much would they cost secondhand on the forum?
I did a quick search of the marketplace archives and the prices being asked are between 375- and 450 USD. But most of the trading is in North America and I don't know what de shipping costs are.