Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2009, 01:56 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Ahoy from Pittsburgh, PA!

Hey there!

I'm Noah. I'm 19 and attending Robert Morris University just outside Pittsburgh PA. I'm majoring in computer information systems but minoring in photography. Photography has been a hobby of mine for quite some time. (At least a desired hobby. I have lacked both the time and money to seriously get into it, until recently.)

I finally decided that I should probably try one of these new-fangled digital SLR's out as my Minolta X-700 was getting a little tired (And me broke from developing fees) so I picked up a Pentax K-x. (I always liked being a little different. That immediately ruled Cannon and Nikon out.)

I've had it for just about five days now and am absolutely smitten. What with this being a holiday weekend I haven't had much time to shoot with it but I've got a few decent shots putzing around.

I'm really looking forward to being a part of the Pentax community and learning and growing as a photographer here!

11-29-2009, 02:05 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome- I hope you enjoy your stay here! I'm in the same boat- except I do Computer Science and I've taken photography beyond just a hobby (as you can see by the mere presence of this site )

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-29-2009, 02:08 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
My intentions are to take photography beyond a hobby too, just need the capital to do so!
11-29-2009, 04:21 AM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome Noah, a fine introduction coupled with some well produced imagery.
Hope you enjoy your time on this forum and that we may glean from each other.
Glad to have you here.

11-30-2009, 05:31 AM   #5

Welcome to the forum from a Pitt Alum
12-08-2009, 12:51 PM   #6

Welcome from an ex-Pit expat

Hello, Noah-

I grew up in Pittsburgh (aka "the Pit") and have numerous relatives who are Point Park alums.

Welcome to the forum. It's a great source of information.

Don't rush to quit your day job to become a pro photographer. Remember that amateurs shoot what they want to, pros shoot what they're assigned. As an amateur, you can just walk away from a difficult situation or subject. A pro can't.

Sig