Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-01-2009, 07:04 PM   #1

Greetings from Hudson Valley in NY

Hi everyone,

I am the photomonk and the moniker is exactly that, I am a clergyman that also does photography as part of my ministry. I specialize in Church architecture and art, and have done shoots in several countries for documentaries. I have been a photographer for about 35 years now starting in high school and going on from there (so back in the prehistoric film days).

I do not own any Pentax equipment and I am invested in two other brands of gear. Though when I was in school, my best friend was a big Pentax devotee, and I have had a healthy respect for the brand and equipment to this day. What has me here is recently I had to help a friend from Scotland acquire her first DSLR, making the leap from point and shoot. After spending time researching and then helping her find a great deal, I encouraged her to purchase a Pentax K-x. With that research, it made me interested in finding out more about the Pentax line and how it has developed. Who knows, maybe on my next upgrade, I might find it in my heart to acquire Pentax gear. But first to read and learn.

12-01-2009, 08:05 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum. I won't say that choosing Pentax is the holy choice, but it can be a good one.
12-01-2009, 08:09 PM   #3
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome photomonk.
We could make you into a Pentaxian yet!
Hope you join the off-brand forum section and post some of your architectural samples.
All the best in your work.
12-02-2009, 07:38 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Welcome photomonk.
We could make you into a Pentaxian yet!
Hope you join the off-brand forum section and post some of your architectural samples.
All the best in your work.
I will try to get around to it soon. I was looking at that forum section last night along with some of the other sections. Some interesting reading there, so I will be lurking and learning until I get a feel for things.