Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-07-2009, 09:34 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello

I've read the forums for some time, but only now decided to sign up. Been looking for a more active forum, since the one I've been part of for years has really slowed down a lot. I've also been out of photography for awhile, and I'm kinda trying to "start over" so to speak. Building a new website, blog, and trying to find a new style.

I currently shoot with an *ist DS, but soon intend to upgrade to a K-7. I traditionally shoot macros and still life, but am wanting to venture out into other areas like street, architectual and landscape.

Oh, and portraiture. Because I'm jealous of you portrait guys and the hot women you get to hang out with.

12-07-2009, 10:36 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome here!
Like you I was reading the forum for a while before registering.
It's actually a very active forum, so I think you can enjoy yourself!
Just bought a K-7 myself, so it would be bit soon to convince you buying it
12-08-2009, 12:35 PM   #3

Hi-

The *ist_DS was my first DSLR and I still keep it as a backup to my K20-D. My cubicle is decorated with a number of wonderful 12x18 prints that I took with my *ist-DS and the 30-year-old manual focus lenses that I started out with.

Yours is an extremely good camera and it will take a lot of time and skill before the average photographer will exceed its capabilities. I know I never did.

Sig
12-09-2009, 12:50 PM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum.
Indeed the *ist DS is still a very capable camera.
Lenses are what make the images happen, so along with your skill development, get the lenses you need to get the results you're after.
Enjoy your time here.