Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-08-2009, 06:11 PM   #1

Hello from Georgia!

After one year, I've finally converted from dedicated lurker to member. I've learned a lot (and been inspired) by all of you fine folks here, so I decided to jump in.

I'm the proud owner of a K10D, 16-45, and 50-200. I debated on stepping up to the K7 but decided I'm far from exhausting the possibilities of the K10D. Instead, I'm going to focus on upgrading lenses (starting with the FA 50 1.4 which will be in my stocking) and taking more time to use my camera.

12-09-2009, 06:58 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome here.....although you probably feel at home already!
12-09-2009, 07:22 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A big welcome, hope you enjoy your stay with us.
12-09-2009, 12:42 PM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum.
I think you've made an excellent move getting the FA 50/1.4 - it'll allow just so much more flexibility and creativity.
Enjoy it and your time here.

12-19-2009, 06:48 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Hello, BobinGA -- I'm newer than you are to the forum, by hours, probably -- from Gwinnett County -- and I also like your addition of the f1.4 50mm. I have one, and really enjoy the wide-open end of the lens, the short, short depth of field shots it delivers.

Three or four months ago I picked up a copy of that $12 Digital Photography magazine out of the U.K. at the local B&N bookstore because it had a review of the K-7; it also several HDR photos taken by a very accomplished amateur British photographer. The impact of those two features caused me to hit the web for K-7 pricing, and I found the lowest I had seen at amazon and couldn't keep myself from jumping on the deal. I have not been sorry I did. I'm getting a lot out of the camera, and out of the classes I am continuing to take at Showcase...

At any rate, I've been feeling as though I and my sons are the only Pentax users around. Good to know there is at least one more in GA.
12-22-2009, 08:47 AM   #6

Another Georgian

QuoteOriginally posted by Shooter72 Quote
Hello, BobinGA -- I'm newer than you are to the forum, by hours, probably -- from Gwinnett County -- and I also like your addition of the f1.4 50mm. I have one, and really enjoy the wide-open end of the lens, the short, short depth of field shots it delivers.

Three or four months ago I picked up a copy of that $12 Digital Photography magazine out of the U.K. at the local B&N bookstore because it had a review of the K-7; it also several HDR photos taken by a very accomplished amateur British photographer. The impact of those two features caused me to hit the web for K-7 pricing, and I found the lowest I had seen at amazon and couldn't keep myself from jumping on the deal. I have not been sorry I did. I'm getting a lot out of the camera, and out of the classes I am continuing to take at Showcase...

At any rate, I've been feeling as though I and my sons are the only Pentax users around. Good to know there is at least one more in GA.
Hello guys and welcome.
I've been here about a week now.
Been a Canon DSLR guy since the first afordable (3K?) DSLR , the D30, was introduced almost a decade ago.
Looking to downsize and Just got my K-x White.
Frank (in Alpharetta/Cumming)
12-22-2009, 09:15 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Hello and welcome, from me in Gainesville /Hall Co...(part time each year, that is)

Jason

12-22-2009, 12:14 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hello new GA members!!! There are more of us in this area than you realize -- check out the Atlanta Pentaxians social group here on the forum!

Cheers,

Adam
12-23-2009, 05:53 PM   #9

Hello, I'm also from GA and live by L-ville as well