Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-10-2009, 01:58 PM   #1

Bought a k-7 a couple of hours ago...

oops, I went out Christmas shopping and all I came back with is a new K-7 for myself.

I checked out the Canon 5D again and although the quality of the images and video are I know AMAZING, I think I'm happy to be able to carry around a good, small, light camera that does video too. I just couldn't quite stretch to the 5D... well, maybe I could but maybe I just didn't want to carry around such an expensive bigger thing with me all the time. And have to buy new lenses/flash.

I'm selling my canon HV30 camcorder as I can never be bothered to use it... DSLR video is going to be much more convenient and I think better.

And I'll stick to the K-7 until I ever, if ever, decide to make serious money from my hobby and continue to admire the 5D photographers use when I'm art directing shoots for my work in advertising. Let's face it, I'm not a photographer although I have done it on and off for 20+ years, and I have plenty of learning to do to be able to get the maximum out of a 5D , K-7 or anything else. I know what's possible with APS-C cameras when I see photos in photo magazines and I'm nowhere near that good yet so I'll see where I get to with the K-7 first. Cos a bad photographer will still be a bad photographer with a 5D!

I picked up my dad's canon 50D last year and took some shots... all awful... I have no idea how a Canon works... it's just not as intuitive as the Pentax (or Nikon) and I'm not sure I want to learn a new system just yet! And anyway, hopefully when I get round to taking the plunge to FF, Pentax will have something for me.

If only I hadn't started with a K1000 eh... I wouldn't have this weird obsession with Pentax...

By the way, when I went into Cameraworld in London and asked to look at a K-7 the guy made a weird sound, as if he thought I was making a mistake... I found it quite rude and they lost a sale. I went back to Spectrum on Tottenham Court road where I have always had good advice.

12-11-2009, 03:47 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us.
12-11-2009, 11:28 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome here!
Congratulations with your K-7!
12-11-2009, 12:37 PM   #4
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum.
Good to see salespeople didn't influence your decision to go for the K-7.
Well done and hope you enjoy your time here.