Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-22-2006, 12:15 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Hi from Aiken

I am Faith. My husband is Joe. We are a husband-wife team in Aiken, SC. Joe got his first Pentax K1000 in 1983. He still has and uses that camera.

I helped him go digital and "in business" in mid-2004 with the early 2004 purchase of the *ist-D. I've been learning from him. I got my own *ist-DL in early 2006. I now shoot along with him at weddings and portrait sessions when I am not assisting. I have been blessed to find my own niche in birth photography (labor and delivery through baby's first bath or so). I am THRILLED to hear of the K10D. I'm not sure when we will be able to get our own.

I am a stay-at-home mom of 4 children, ages 15, 11, 5 and 2.5. I also do all the editing and business management. Joe is a CNC Machinist Programmer with an hour one-way commute to work. He even made our current studio light stands himself. He is hoping to have the photography take over the current job, but reality (with 4 children) says that will be awhile. We are already doing more than we had planned to do though.

I am very happy to have found this Pentax forum. Everyone in the wedding industry tends to have Canon, Nikon or on occasion Fuji.

I hope to get to know many of you. I am very happy with what I see so far.

Thanks,
Faith

11-22-2006, 02:41 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Welcome Faith,
I hope you will find us friendly and informitive. I'm glad to see some one else breaking the photographic rules when it comes to using a great camera for business. Those C&N guys can't stand it when Pentax shows up for a shoot. I know many times I've been told by some friends that use C&N to get a good camera. (and then they see the results and do a slow burn when they see the same shots pail to my Pentax) well we cant all be prefect.

Great to have you aboard and I would love to see samples of your work.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David
11-23-2006, 12:16 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome Faith! This is a very friendly forum and building up many threads on the daily basis. Hopefully u will not have the lens buying addiction we all suffer here
11-23-2006, 07:48 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Welcome Faith! This is a very friendly forum and building up many threads on the daily basis. Hopefully u will not have the lens buying addiction we all suffer here
Um. I think I may have just been pre-qualified with LBA before arriving here. My B&H wish list might just be my card-carrying proof?! I will try to follow the 12 steps to keeping it under control. That is, when I find out what those are.

Thanks for the welcome. Ya'll do have a very friendly, warm, inviting and active forum going.

Faith