Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-14-2007, 11:10 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
New Kid on the Board from Pittsburgh

New to this site for about a week.

Introduced to photography as part of the Graphic Design program at Penn State and came very close to switching majors. Have been using Pentax cameras since the mid 70's when my Mamiya/Sekor was (thankfully) stolen.

Obsessively carried that Spotmatic for nearly 15 years. Don't know what I enjoyed more actual image capture or darkroom work. In fact I would not rent an apartment unless there was space for my darkroom.

But time goes by ... family and job responsibilities take precedence and I fell away from shooting. Then in the late 90s my company sent me to Alaska to do a shoot for an ad we were about to do. I took a friend of mine, a professional shooter who had lived for four years in Sitka, and after a week there I returned home and immediately bought a Pentax ZX-7. Shooting in sub zero conditions showed me the weakness of batteries so I bought a fully mechanical K1000.

I remembered reading an article sometime in the 80's that photography would become film-less. I thought I would never see that day. Then came the Canon Zap Shot (640 x 480) what a turd, but the pixel writing was on the wall. My company (me) purchased a Canon Digital Rebel, quite nice but has a real plastic feel and I was convinced that digital was ready for the masses.

I very patiently waited for Pentax to get it in gear digitally speaking and after the slew of point and shoot digitals finally the *ist DL and my new K10D.

It's great to be here.

06-14-2007, 11:31 AM   #2
Inactive Account

I'm kinda new too, but welcome! Aren't K10D's the balls?! :P
06-14-2007, 02:15 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
pixelpruner
Is that anything like I describe myself and job as ... "pixel pusher".
How are things in the UK, I work here in the US with four Brits.
Yeah, the K10D rocks. Just used it to do a photo project of an installation in Dallas for our "Conservatory Division".
Shot it as pano and stitched it with photoshop CS3, it turned out really sweet.