Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-21-2009, 10:27 PM   #1

Super Newb from.........everywhere really

My name is Dustin I am originally from Las Vegas but I was raised in SoCal and have lived in many places since graduating HS. I'm am active duty ARMY and have always been interested in photography. It's a family hobby really, my mother is a graphic artist, my grandfather was a Journalist and just about everybody in my family has a DSLR.

I dont own a DSLR yet but I will in the very near future. I joined this site to learn as much as possible and hopefully put up some of my (future) pics for critique. Everybody has been awesome and patient with my newb questions, this is an awesome forum, TY.

12-21-2009, 10:30 PM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good to see your intro Dustin - welcome to the forum.
Enjoy your time here, and shopping for a dSLR.
12-22-2009, 01:14 AM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by Digital Dustin Quote
My name is Dustin I am originally from Las Vegas but I was raised in SoCal and have lived in many places since graduating HS. I'm am active duty ARMY and have always been interested in photography. It's a family hobby really, my mother is a graphic artist, my grandfather was a Journalist and just about everybody in my family has a DSLR.

I dont own a DSLR yet but I will in the very near future. I joined this site to learn as much as possible and hopefully put up some of my (future) pics for critique. Everybody has been awesome and patient with my newb questions, this is an awesome forum, TY.
Welcome Justin
Im also new here, Im amazed of how much information flows here, and the best...everybody is nice and shares.
12-22-2009, 03:20 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Hi Dustin,

Welcome here!
It can be a hard job deciding which camera you want! It took me some time before I could decide. There is a lot of information here on the forum, but it is also important to see and feel the camera. If you have that opportunity I would advise you to do that!

12-23-2009, 12:54 AM   #5

Original Poster
well here is the problem, I'm currently residing in Hawaii and there isnt any Pentax Camera dealers here. On the website it shows one but when I went to the store they said they just recently stopped carrying them. I buy a lot online so thats not a big problem for me except having to wait a week for it to arrive.

I've held some Cannon's and Nikon's and the Nikon feels better than the Cannon but I didnt really like either. I'm pretty dead set on a K-x right now, I hope it feels right.

In about a month I'll have one, I've got to get Xmas out of the way first.
12-23-2009, 09:31 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Everybody who owns a K-x is really happy with it, so I am sure you will be as well!

In the end I decided that I wanted a weather resistant camera (I am a biologist and a lot outside), so no K-x for me (although it's very light).
I have small hands, so weight and grip was very important for me....K20 didn't feel right and although the K-7 was only 45 grams lighter it made a difference.