Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-22-2009, 04:58 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Happy holidays and Hi from England

Just thought I'd put a quick hello on here.....

I'm finding my feet again with a (pentax) DSLR after some time away from cameras. I used to use film and used to do darkroom work, and I'm glad I don't have to set up filtration on colour heads, stagger round under a colour safelight or load up cassettes any more.

Anyway, I can't say I'm not going to suffer with LBA, because I've already got it. I fear it's a chronic case. I'm getting duplicated lenses now by different makers, so it's really biting hard. I use my camera on manual largely. I have just the one FA lens, but really prefer the weight and feel of the older lenses.

I'm really into the technical as well as the creative side of what's always been a life interest, so I'm very much into experimentation with the gear, and spending even more time taking pictures. I enjoy landscape and nature shots, but have interests in portraiture; I'm a definite texture junkie hehe.

Okay, enough from me. Happy Holidays everyone, and see you around on the forum I hope

Adam

12-22-2009, 06:01 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums and happy holidays to you too.

Cheers, Mike.
12-23-2009, 09:15 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Adam.
Welcome to the forum!
When I read your introduction I have the feeling you are going to like it here
Looking forward to your pictures.
12-23-2009, 12:59 PM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome Adam, you're in lots of like company here.
Hope you enjoy your time on the forum, and do have a look at some of the technique articles here.

12-23-2009, 04:51 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum Adam.

It sounds like you know what you're doing and we look forward to your contributions. All the best in the new year.
12-27-2009, 10:22 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forums, Adam. My twin brother is probably the biggest American Leicester City fan. Well, he's probably the only American LCFC fan! Would they happen to be your team? He and I had a great time at a bar in NYC on Saturday watching them beat Sheffield United.

What's your lens line up?
01-17-2010, 05:47 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Happy New Year!

Thanks Mike, Iris, Ash, Carl, and Primeobjectif

Yes, I'm certain its a good place already. I've found a lot of information, and I hope I can contribute some too over time. It's good to put something back into a resource.

Time is pretty short at the moment, but I hope to have more time to populate my space on the forums.

And primeobjectif .... Leicester city! Yes they are doing better (although I won't say it too loud in case luck changes), they have been up and down with results. I hope they'll do well this year It's great to know there's fans watching the game in other parts of the world. you might want to see BBC - Leicester - Leicester for the local radio station and more sport info. He probably has this, but just in case

Ok, my lenses are mostly unloved inexpensive glass like Meyer or Hoya, but I have some Nikon and I have a few SMCs. I have at least 28,35,50,135,200 and 400 primes and also three other zooms inbetween.

Thank you for a nice warm welcome everyone

Best wishes

Adam

01-20-2010, 01:27 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Adam, welcome to these forums, enjoy them!

In case you want to show us your daily stuff: please feel welcome to contribute to the Picture of the Week, which I happen to host this week...