Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-23-2006, 09:47 AM   #1

Hi, nice to be here...

I have had a Pentax DS now for about 1.5 years and like it a lot.

As I have a daughter that was born shortly before I got my camera, she has always been my main subject - so should I post some photos I will try to dig out the odd non-portrait of my daughter.

In general I am interested in all sorts of photography apart from wildlife and sports photography.

Before I got the DS I had a Ricoh XR for years, which I mainly used with three lenses - a Tokina 70-210 SD f/4-5,6 (an "A" lens), a Ricoh 50mm f/1.4 (M-mount), and a manual Vivitar Series 1 105mm f/2.5.

These lenses, well, mainly the Macro lens, were my main reason to buy into the Pentax DSLR system.

So far with no regrets, I'd only like a camera with faster AF (because my daughter hardly ever keeps still), and SR would be nice, but I am simply not going to buy a K10D now, as I couldn't justify to get a new camera after just 1.5 years.

For the future I am hoping for a camera with the following specs:

- fast AF
- SR
- viewfinder as good as the one from the DS
- not bigger than the DS
- at most a bit heavier than the DS
- not noisier than the DS (so a 6 MP sensor would be fine)
- SSM lens support

Maybe the successor to the K100D will have these specs...

So - I am looking forward to being part of this forum

gattofix

11-23-2006, 10:58 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gattofix Quote
I have had a Pentax DS now for about 1.5 years and like it a lot.

As I have a daughter that was born shortly before I got my camera, she has always been my main subject - so should I post some photos I will try to dig out the odd non-portrait of my daughter.

In general I am interested in all sorts of photography apart from wildlife and sports photography.

Before I got the DS I had a Ricoh XR for years, which I mainly used with three lenses - a Tokina 70-210 SD f/4-5,6 (an "A" lens), a Ricoh 50mm f/1.4 (M-mount), and a manual Vivitar Series 1 105mm f/2.5.

These lenses, well, mainly the Macro lens, were my main reason to buy into the Pentax DSLR system.

So far with no regrets, I'd only like a camera with faster AF (because my daughter hardly ever keeps still), and SR would be nice, but I am simply not going to buy a K10D now, as I couldn't justify to get a new camera after just 1.5 years.

For the future I am hoping for a camera with the following specs:

- fast AF
- SR
- viewfinder as good as the one from the DS
- not bigger than the DS
- at most a bit heavier than the DS
- not noisier than the DS (so a 6 MP sensor would be fine)
- SSM lens support

Maybe the successor to the K100D will have these specs...

So - I am looking forward to being part of this forum

gattofix
nice to meet you, gatto

I too, have the ricoh xr-m I bought in the 80's. I like the camera but I wish I would have bought an autofocus at the time.
I have the ricoh 35-70 and a sakar 60-300mm

I love children as well as I have some of my own. my girlfriend has an olympus sylus 300 point and shoot, so right now she is the pro at kids pics.
once I turn digital, look out!

looking forward to some of you photo's,

cheers