Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-23-2006, 10:10 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Ah geez - I'm a noob again...sheesh...

Well, I'm not new to forums in general, nor am I new to photography, but I"m new to Pentax and this actual forum.

Great resource here folks - nice work.

I just found out today I'm # 3 on the pre-order list at my local shop for the K10D when it arrives. They've got 24 units coming in at some point, so it looks like, baring the thing dripping battery acid on me and scarring me for life, that I shall soon-ish be a Pentaxitite...or whatever you are called.

Duane from the sleepy East coast of Canada.

11-23-2006, 11:02 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by doggydude Quote
Well, I'm not new to forums in general, nor am I new to photography, but I"m new to Pentax and this actual forum.

Great resource here folks - nice work.

I just found out today I'm # 3 on the pre-order list at my local shop for the K10D when it arrives. They've got 24 units coming in at some point, so it looks like, baring the thing dripping battery acid on me and scarring me for life, that I shall soon-ish be a Pentaxitite...or whatever you are called.

Duane from the sleepy East coast of Canada.
welcome aboard, fellow canadian!
I e-mailed pentax canada and they told me that the k10 arrives in canada in the first week of december...... I can't wait either!

I have been out east and halifax was a great party town (in the 80's, anyway)

cheers!
11-23-2006, 02:04 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Excellent - I'm originally from Brampton... and Halifax is still a party town today...or so my old bones are told...
11-24-2006, 06:38 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
another eastcoaster!

Welcome to the forum, Duane. I split my time between Halifax (I'm a grad student at Dal) and Sackville NB. Nice to see some fellow Maritimers on the forum! I have the lowly DL, so if you ever want your photographic ego propped up I'd be happy to meet up and drool (figuratively speaking) over your new K10D.

Julie

11-24-2006, 07:35 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by doggydude Quote
Excellent - I'm originally from Brampton... and Halifax is still a party town today...or so my old bones are told...
*hint* my party days are very close to being done LOL
brampton?

gee, I guess you should know where midland is then? (just north of barrie)
I am glad to hear that my bones are not the only ones that are getting old
do they still have "my apartments" (bar) in halifax? We went there and to another bar after it closed but I can't think of it right now (the old thing)

if you get a chance maybe you can post a few pics from the area to refresh my memory

cheers