Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-21-2007, 05:47 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Now with TWO Pentax-es from just southeast of Boston...

Dear Fellow Pentax-ians:

Dave "the PIPE" (a pipe smoking/collecting enthusiast for just over three decades) from just south of Boston here for the first time!

I've had a veteran K1000 SE (complete with the brown vinyl cladding on the body, and a split image viewfinder center target with a prism ring surrounding it) since 1980 (purchased new from the old "Claus Gelotte" cemera store in Quincy, MA., long since out of business), and I've taken MANY good photos with it over the years.

And most recently, on June 14th of this year, my order for a Pentax K100D digital camera showed up in the mail...a full kit with the usual 18-55mm "kit" lens, AND ordered with one of Pentax's 50-200mm autofocus digital telephoto lenses.

Looking to get some NICE antique "full-size" and scale RC flying model aircraft shots with my K100D at some of the area events in New England starting this summer and autumn...some of my "on-the-ground" work of RC Scale model aircraft, using a small Olympus C-770 point & shoot 4 MP digital camera I've also got, can be seen at - Dawn Patrol Scale Fly-In '06/Chauncey s D VII-Port Nose , - Dawn Patrol Scale Fly-In '06/Don Button s Scout D-1 and at - Dawn Patrol Scale Fly-In '06/Don Button s Scout D-2.

I've already posted one my most spectacular shots from the past in the gallery here, specifically at https://www.pentaxforums.com/gallery/photo-2471.html ...that WAS shot with my dear old K1000SE many, MANY years ago at Old Rhinebeck...hope to get some good tips here to help me get used to my new K100D!!!

Hope to hear from someone soon...

Yours Sincerely,

The PIPE!

06-21-2007, 07:16 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum! Can't wait to see your digital RC aircraft shots!